Scootering in the news

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fswood95

Scootering in the news

Post by fswood95 »

An article from the Atlanta Journal confirming the rising popularity of scooters ...

http://www.ajc.com/living/content/livin ... oters.html
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

17% growth not counting the foreign bikes...that's HUGE.

It's not surprising- even without counting the excellent mileage and stunning cool look (-grin-), scooters are plain FUN to ride as a commute. I'm also sure that popular shows like Scrubs, that feature scooters as a main form of transportation, are to thank for rising popularity.

I love it when people say they shelve their car and use their scooter all the time. For me, it's "What car?" :)
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

but really, how does someone SKIING behind a scooter, represent the story?? :D

it looks like fun and i got a nice laugh, but i do have to ask why all these news stories have to run the most irresponsible pictures as if that is what scooting is all about? they run images like this, perpetuating the myth that scooterists don't need to be precautious, till someone local gets seriously injured or killed, then they run lecture stories about all those crazy scooterists out there not wearing appropriate gear, never thinking how they might be partially responsible for that fact.

at least they aren't pictured out on the street doing it, but how many 16-yr-olds will take that to heart??--i can see the slalom skateboard courses now...
Keys

Post by Keys »

...my wife loaned my car out to one of her employees over a month ago. Haven't missed it yet...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
dru_

Post by dru_ »

Keys wrote:...my wife loaned my car out to one of her employees over a month ago. Haven't missed it yet...

--Keys 8)
LOL, I just got back from a 4 hours jaunt into downtown Atlanta. Left the office in south Cumming, GA, and went backroads, no highways into the Midtown area of Atlanta. I don't particularly like driving downtown anyways, so I took the scooter. I think my car just got it's official notice of becoming 'Mostly Parked'. Driving may be faster, but riding was WAY more fun....