Owner's Manual needed for 2006 Blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

markevnic72

Owner's Manual needed for 2006 Blur

Post by markevnic72 »

Very happy to have a new (to me) Blur but the previous holder did not have the manual. Anyone have a link to a PDF copy, or know how I might otherwise get one? Thank you,
Mark
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Hi:

For what it's worth, I've got a PDF copy of the GMAX 50/125/150 (ALLORO) owner's manual. When you try to read it, the Adobe Reader's gonna tell you that you need to download some kind of Chinese font/character set (easy enough to do) even though I haven't seen any Chinese characters in the document.

Forgot where I picked this up, so I don't have a link. Just gimme the word and I'll email a copy to you. It's about 1.5 meg.

-Charlie
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

http://2strokebuzz.com/temp/GMAXservice.pdf

please right-click to download it, rather than opening it from the web.

Thanks

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
BGK

Post by BGK »

illnoise wrote:http://2strokebuzz.com/temp/GMAXservice.pdf

please right-click to download it, rather than opening it from the web.

Thanks

Bryan
What if he's using a Mac?
markevnic72

don't worry

Post by markevnic72 »

I am using a mac, and we have the same functionality as a right click by pressing the command key instead. Thanks so much for the links all :-)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

markevnic72 - If what you're looking for is the actual owners manual that came with your Blur, you're welcome to make a copy of mine. I live in SF so we can meet up at a Kinko's or something on a Saturday (my only day off). Let me know.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'm using a Mac, too, but people using Macs know better than to open a PDF live from the web. : )

The correlation between scooterists and Mac users has been extensively documented.

Bb.
Davek

Post by Davek »

Wow, three Blurs in San Francisco? Isn't it dangerous to have 25% of the Blur population concentrated in one location?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Didn't you hear? Blurs are popular now!

Bb.
CTL11

Post by CTL11 »

I don't get why people don't like them. They look cool, handle great, and have awesome brakes.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

mainly because they did not look like a Vespa.
Their loss is our gain :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
markevnic72

you know it's funny. . .

Post by markevnic72 »

I went in to the shop fully intending to buy a Buddy, had that classic look in mind, but the more I looked at the Blur the more I liked it... I'd rather be the odd man out, it's appealling that we're in a 'smaller' club. and I happen to think they look pretty darn cool! I've got lots of compliments on it . . .
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

A little off topic here, but I noticed an interesting thing while reading my latest issue of Twist 'N Go magazine (an English mag) - most (maybe 90%?) of the pictures of peoples scoots whether for sale or of scooter rallys were modern/sports type. Even the ads and reviews were aimed mostly toward this type of scooter. Not sure what my point is, but there ya go. :)
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Davek wrote:Wow, three Blurs in San Francisco? Isn't it dangerous to have 25% of the Blur population concentrated in one location?
Yeah, we can never ride together in case of a major earthquake or something because it'd wipe out the entire species within SF. :D
markevnic72

Hmmmm, are we

Post by markevnic72 »

all 2006 Orange models or. . .?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

babblefish wrote:A little off topic here, but I noticed an interesting thing while reading my latest issue of Twist 'N Go magazine (an English mag) - most (maybe 90%?) of the pictures of peoples scoots whether for sale or of scooter rallys were modern/sports type. Even the ads and reviews were aimed mostly toward this type of scooter.
Well, in Europe, the Vintage and Modern scenes are even more segregated than they are here, and TAG was created several years ago because all the vintage ninnies were mad about Peugeot reviews in Scootering magazine.

In the UK, the vintage scene is mostly older guys, mods and skinheads, and the automatic scene is mostly tuners and younger guys, a lot of wannabe thug types. Of course, everyone rides everything there, but those are the people that are specifically attracted to the culture and tuning, etc. Modern Vespas are big there with upscale urban commuters, but they haven't made much of an impact with the modern or vintage 'scenes.' There are millions of scooters there, but most people just see them as transportation, so TAG has to appeal to both regular people shopping for a new scooter for transportation, and to people that want to see crazy customs and stuff, so it's a lot like Motor Trend in that regard, where Scootering is more specifically targeted to the subculture.

Oh, my point through all that, was that "sport style" scooters are not necessarily more popular in the UK, but that's their target market. Vespa's gonna sell bikes to people who want Vespas, so they don't care about TAG, and the Vintage scene has its own magazine. I think modern "Retro" bikes are just flat out less popular everywhere outside the U.S., the vintage scene in europe is strong enough that people would feel like poseurs riding around on a fake-vintage retro bike.
Davek

Re: Hmmmm, are we

Post by Davek »

Yeah, I have a 2006 also.. I forget which year babblefish has
markevnic72 wrote:all 2006 Orange models or. . .?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

'06 :D