New paint for the Black Cat...

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

goodbluegrass

New paint for the Black Cat...

Post by goodbluegrass »

ok, folks...
my photohop skills are terrrrrrible, so i am asking a favor of you!
i purchased a new black cat, and am in the process of de-catting it. so far, all the stickers are gone, and all the paint has been painted over. it looks really nice without all the silliness of those stickers!
what i am considering is to paint all of the yellow panels bright white, while leaving the red wheels and the red seat.
i think this white/red/black combo would look really sharp. maybe some red pinstriping on the newly white panels?
so, anyone want to give me a preview of what this may look like?
i would really appreciate it, before dismantling all of the panels and painting them...
on a side note, i am getting about 70 mpg, de-restricted. is this normal? i figured i would be doing a little bit better than that.
thanks, fine folk!
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

You should see if you can get some PMX panels from scooterworks. PGO sold the PMX in white and has the same body as the Black Cat. Saves you a bunch of work, and then you have a spare set of plastics! Then you can go and get some super fancy custom paint done to the yellow panels later if you want. If I'm picturing the panels right you'd only need 3. Front, sides (1 piece on the Rattler) and the finisher around the gascap.
EZPZ #65
goodbluegrass

Post by goodbluegrass »

ok.
i got the front panel off and painted. my painting skills being terrible, its not perfect, but, wow!
the color is pretty awesome...
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

how about a photo?
goodbluegrass

Post by goodbluegrass »

ok, initial paintwork is done, still need to do a bunch of touch-up and little stuff....
i am going to post some pics in the gallery!
tell me what you think...
p.