My 2008 Rattler 110 was finally delivered today!!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hugo

My 2008 Rattler 110 was finally delivered today!!

Post by Hugo »

I took it out for about 2 hours, and I LOVE IT!!

After being used to riding 49cc scoots for the past couple of years, I feel like I'm riding a racing vehicel. I was actually able to keep up with traffic!! I'd look at my speedometer, and notice that I was cruising COMFORTABLY at speeds of 45-50.

My only complaint, so far, is taking into consideration the BREAK-IN period. This sucker just wants to rip. It's very painful to think that I should be laying off of the throttle for the next 1000 miles. :cry:

Currently, it has 1/2 tank of factory oil. Would it be safe to switch to synthetic (I have a couple of Liters of Motul 710 in my garage), or should I wait until I reach 1000 miles?

I'm very satisfied; however, my next goal is to somehow get my hands on an official service manual for this vehicle. I feel that owning one is an absolute MUST for anybody who does their own maintenance. I don't want to touch a major bolt (torque values) until I get one.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
MPA

Post by MPA »

Congrats! What color did you end up getting?

If you find a service manual, let us know - I'd love to pick one up
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

wheelies wrote:Congrats! What color did you end up getting?

If you find a service manual, let us know - I'd love to pick one up
Grey--soon to be green (looking to purchase Roughhouse panels).
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Um... 400 miles. Maybe 500, whoever told you 1000 miles wanted to torture you. Just wait until after you get the factory transmission gear oil changed. I started using synthetic oil (2t) after I ran out of what it came with, some people reccomend waiting until about 1000 miles before the switch. Do what you're comfortable with. I have heard you want to run the tank pretty low before filling it with synthetic the first time, possibly they don't mix well?
EZPZ #65
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

nissanman wrote:Um... 400 miles. Maybe 500, whoever told you 1000 miles wanted to torture you. Just wait until after you get the factory transmission gear oil changed. I started using synthetic oil (2t) after I ran out of what it came with, some people reccomend waiting until about 1000 miles before the switch. Do what you're comfortable with. I have heard you want to run the tank pretty low before filling it with synthetic the first time, possibly they don't mix well?
The dealer and the owner's manual stated it. With my Typhoon, I had synthetic running immediately with no problems. I'll probably be able to get about 400 miles out of what's in there. Afterwards, I'm putting in the good stuff. I just didn't want to be concerned with putting in another brand of non-synthetic in the meantime. Once I put in my "oil of choice" (Motul 710), I'm permanently sticking with it.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

We all know you can't go verbatim by what the manual says. Heck, my manual says "Black Cat" on the front and makes reference to the Rattler as a PMS110DN the whole time. Just try not to beat on it when it's cold, let it warm up just a bit then have fun :)
EZPZ #65
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Congrats - have fun & yeah... the break in time is hard to live with - but I am still trying - good luck with that
I have been doing the warm up every time before riding & taking it easy the first mile or so of each ride - dont know if it is helping, but it cant hurt (right?)