Vibration at 30 mph

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

basilhayden

Vibration at 30 mph

Post by basilhayden »

I am getting a serious vibration sound once I get up to 30 mph. I can't really tell where it is coming from though. Has anyone else experienced this? And has anyone had problems with nuts and bolts working loose?
the_truth

Post by the_truth »

i get a similar problem.

does it feel as if its coming from below the seat to the rear?
basilhayden

I cant

Post by basilhayden »

I think that is about where it is coming from. Truthfully, I think I have a noise in the front as well. I'm hoping that some of this stuff settles down once the scooter gets broken in better.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Mine sounds like a buzzing engine noise, but higher-pitched like something resonating. I'm not sure if it's the engine or something loose. I plan to take off the panels this Friday, and giving all of the bolts a once-over. Lots of creaking here and there.
I've been told that the Rattler runs smoother after the break-in period. Performance-wise, I can't complain.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Buzzing under the seat? Theres a screw that holds the rear belly pan to the bottom of the seat bucket (you should see it with the seat opened), mine was missing... maybe yours is too?
EZPZ #65
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

nissanman wrote:Buzzing under the seat? Theres a screw that holds the rear belly pan to the bottom of the seat bucket (you should see it with the seat opened), mine was missing... maybe yours is too?
Aha... All the more reason to give this sucker a good once-over. I thought my buzzing might be caused by the clip underneath the transmission which secures the rear brake cable. It is very slack and jittery against the metal housing.
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

They are called Rattler's for a reason. :wink:
"Hey Little Buddy" - Jonas Grumby
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Should we call them super smooth quiet bikes??? NAH :!:
EZPZ #65