I don't care what color, whichever it cheaper....

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Racenut

I don't care what color, whichever it cheaper....

Post by Racenut »

I hope I don't come to regret that completely haha.

I just brought home a new Grey/Orange Blur. (2006) It was still new, only 6 BDU's on the ticker. Sounds like either leftover stock or up till recently dealers could still get the 06 colors.

They had an 07 but it was a demo, I really thought that one was going to be cheaper haha. Oh well, I said I didn't care.

But I did have to strip off every bit of orange tape I could find. Taiwanese designers have a bazaar sense of style. :wink:

So +1 Blur on the road.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I also have an '06 and have also removed all of the orange stripes. I was also thinking about repainting the orange side plates and rack, but might leave them alone because the orange makes the scoot more visible which might save my life one day.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Yeah, I considered that one too. My wife followed me home in the car and says that the orange really does make it visible.

After wiping down the flat grey areas, I'm thinking a clear coat on that would make it nice. It looks way better wet haha.

Changing color of body panels would be easy. But the wheels wouldn't be.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

For the record, Genuine designed the Blur logo and decals, not PGO. : )
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

So what you're saying is they are still looking for a graphics designer? :D
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Nah, they already made the blur too cool, the grey and black was a much better look. And illnoise is right, Genuine designed the orange scheme, heres PGO's original take on the gmax.

Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Hmmm, that's kinda cool.

I've got a friend that has a vinyl cutter/printer.
I have another friend who owns a body shop.

Maybe we'll come up with something :twisted:
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I wouldn't mind having that red and white color scheme. :D I can just about guarantee you'd be noticed around here, especially by cagers.
Last edited by babblefish on Fri May 23, 2008 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Sometimes I wish I would have got the blur, when I bought my bike, genuine still had tons of 07's in stock, the deal was $2700 plus tax OTD for a 07 bike. But I couldnt have one to sit on and feel for, so I went with my original choice the buddy. I liked both bikes equally, but both were really the same price at the time. Maybe someday if they ever brought it back! Hopefully for 09 or 10
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

jfrost2 wrote:Sometimes I wish I would have got the blur, when I bought my bike, genuine still had tons of 07's in stock, the deal was $2700 plus tax OTD for a 07 bike. But I couldnt have one to sit on and feel for, so I went with my original choice the buddy. I liked both bikes equally, but both were really the same price at the time. Maybe someday if they ever brought it back! Hopefully for 09 or 10
Wow! $2700 for a new Blur was a great deal! Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in or anything. :lol:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

That red/white scheme is the current one, I believe. I kinda like it, but I have a feeling it wouldn't look as good in person.

Back when the Blur first came out, I liked the Blur's graphics better than the stock GMax. And the racing livery back then (maybe still) was lime green and yellow, it hurt to look at. I still like the orange and grey best, though the decals were chintzy, I took mine off and put my own on.

I'm a graphic designer, and the PGO logo is in this typeface I hate called "Revue," you never see it anywhere, except it must be built into some vinyl graphics cutting machines, because you only see it on poorly-designed tow trucks and hot dog stand signs. I hate hate hate it, and worse yet, PGO STRETCHED IT for their logo, the cruelest thing you can do to a designer is make them look at stretched type. So I dig PGO and all, but I'm really glad their logo isn't all over my bike, even though it is embossed into the engine case, where I can't do anything about it.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Looks good in this picture to me, but everything else is custom and painted gold, only the paintjob itself looks stock.

babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I like it, too - but then, I like bright shiny things...
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

I think the white and red looks really cool, I just don't see myself on it.

I'm kinda liking this one...

I'd have the blue done in Subaru World Rally Blue to match my car :D

But if you look at it vs. some of the current street bike designs, many people would require a second look to realize it was a scooter.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

jfrost, where'd you find that photo? Is it their new racing livery? it looks great.

I'm loving that crescent with the lightning bolt, it looks like some sort of muslim scooter-racing sect.

I wonder if Ohlins actually makes G-Max forks...

I was looking for the old race colors, but I can't find it. Check out this, I wonder if this is where Genuine got the idea for the eyebrow decals:

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/994/ ... xa3aj8.jpg
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

No that's just member "MaxG" gmax 150 kitted to 170cc, painted parts and a ncy muffler.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

I just made my first fill up since new.

1.25 gallons for 130 BDU's. That would be just a squeak better than 100mpg if the odometer read something close to reality haha.

Oh well, a weeks worth of riding around on about $5 of gas is still awesome :)
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

illnoise,
that is a nice pic that I have never seen before. Take all the decals off and it would look pretty awsome all black on black.
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.