Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BadBrains

Buddy sightings in YOUR area!

Post by BadBrains »

I see Buddies (?) on the street more and more and I often wonder if any of said Scooterists post on this forum. I thought I might take a shot in the dark and see just how often we spot each other. Maybe it'll even bring out some lurkers! :zzz:

Date/Time: 4/28/08 10:00 am-ish
Scooter: International Italia with matching Genuine topcase
Scooterist: Reddish-orange jacket and helmet

Could it be you??!????!11

It's like "Missed Connections" but completely platonic and only half as creepy.
toddrw2251

Post by toddrw2251 »

I was in Nashville this weekend and saw two buddies in the 5 points area on Sunday morning while I was at breakfast. One sunset and one cream. The lady driving the sunset buddy was at a stop sign with a back passenger. One of their friends decided it would be funny to hold her top case as she drove off. I don't think she realized why her bike wasn't moving.

I usually see several a week here in Cincinnati. They have definately become more popular in the last year or so.
Queen

Post by Queen »

In the MC/scooter parking outside of my workplace the other day there were four Buddies parked in a row...apparently the Univ. library is Buddy Central. :mrgreen: I'll try and get a picture once the weather straightens up.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

No Buddy sightings here... I know thwarton has one (that I've never seen IRL), and we have confirmation that there will be a local dealer SOON!!! Waiting on inventory! yessssssssss....

Oh yeah, I know some people who have other scooters post here, so anyone in P'cola that drives a silver C3 and was sporting some hardcore overalls: When can I get a test ride on that sucka? Sorry, I won't let you ride my Bud in exchange, but you can touch it... I guess... :roll:
sargelee71

Sunset on Spaulding or Christiana, Chicago 60625

Post by sargelee71 »

Chicago: North Park/Hollywood Park

I spied a beautiful Sunset Buddy on last Thursday evening, parked on the street just north of Bryn Mawr on Spaulding or Christiana. It had a matching Genuine topcase and a reminder cord/cable for your lock.

Riders in Chicago---lets go! :) I need the practice.
kuruku

Post by kuruku »

SW Denver/Englewood/DU area

I've seen 1-2 red buddy 50's, a couple of Italia's (one with and one without a top box) and today I saw a black and silver Buddy 50 right off of campus.
Poppie tricks are the number one caper
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

THREE RIVERS MICHIGAN. i see two 08s all over town now... my wifes mom and dad just got the light blue and orange 50s. now my wife wants one!!! :D
Ed Hit

Re: Sunset on Spaulding or Christiana, Chicago 60625

Post by Ed Hit »

sargelee71 wrote:Chicago: North Park/Hollywood Park

I spied a beautiful Sunset Buddy on last Thursday evening, parked on the street just north of Bryn Mawr on Spaulding or Christiana. It had a matching Genuine topcase and a reminder cord/cable for your lock.

Oh, yeah. Seriously, I went to Midori that night I think. WIth a windsheild right? You may have seen mine!d
BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

Ed Hit wrote:

Oh, yeah. Seriously, I went to Midori that night I think. WIth a windsheild right? You may have seen mine!d
Now that's what I'm talkin' about :!:
sargelee71

Post by sargelee71 »

Ed Hit wrote:

Now that you mention it, I think there was a windshield! My partner and I were walking to dinner up that street. I was sooooo jazzed to see it, as I had gone into Scooterworks that day to put down a deposit on my 2007 Italia.

Where are you in the city?
sargelee71

Post by sargelee71 »

BadBrains wrote:
Ed Hit wrote:

Now that's what I'm talkin' about :!:
GREAT IDEA to start this thread!!!
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

I know all of them in town.....none of them are on here :?
amylou

Post by amylou »

Well....here is one of the lurkers coming out. I bought a red buddy 125 about 4 weeks ago and I LOVE it!! It is so much fun to ride. I live in NE Denver and actually saw a Pamploma on GVR Blvd this weekend....I was shocked as I thought I was the only scooter on this side of town.
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

Well there are no Buddies that I have seen in my area. In fact when people see me scooting down the street they almost wreck staring at me. I have also noticed (just in the week i've been scooting) that everyone likes to honk and wave!
Buddy_wannabe

Post by Buddy_wannabe »

Last summer I would see one now and then. A black 06 Buddy ... I would see it parked at the high school or parked behind a coffee shop in town.
I wasn't born... so much as I fell out . : The Clash
redcass

Post by redcass »

amylou wrote:Well....here is one of the lurkers coming out. I bought a red buddy 125 about 4 weeks ago and I LOVE it!! It is so much fun to ride. I live in NE Denver and actually saw a Pamploma on GVR Blvd this weekend....I was shocked as I thought I was the only scooter on this side of town.
Good to you for coming out into the open! :)
RedCass
maribell

Post by maribell »

Campus Buddies
Cream
Two Red
Italia with topcase, BLACK grips and seat
My Pinky

Other Buddies
Sunset on N. Lamar
Black on N. Burnet
Pamplona on N. Burnet
Italia-11th St.

Sadly enough, I do not think any of these people are on modern buddy. :(
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

amylou wrote:Well....here is one of the lurkers coming out. I bought a red buddy 125 about 4 weeks ago and I LOVE it!! It is so much fun to ride. I live in NE Denver and actually saw a Pamploma on GVR Blvd this weekend....I was shocked as I thought I was the only scooter on this side of town.
that was probably me - I live in GVR !!! Just got my Pamplona a couple of weeks ago

Robb

:nerd:
The answer is : 42
iinigma7

Post by iinigma7 »

I spotted a cream-colored Buddy parked at the Bistro Europa here in downtown Greenville, SC last fall. As I drove by my jaw dropped. We're about 2 hours from the closest Buddy dealer (Charlotte) so seeing a Buddy around here is akin to catching a glimpse of Bigfoot through the trees.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I've havent seen any scooters in my area besides

2 honda helix
1 honda metro
1 honda elite
1. chinese bike (I'd name it, but the bike itself has 5000 different names)
She-Buddy

Post by She-Buddy »

I see a TON of scooters in campus-area Madision. The most popular seem to be the Yuma, Vino, Metropolitan, any Kymco, and even the Honda Elite.

As for Buddies, I saw a Sunset on Langdon yesterday. That's it.
amylou

Post by amylou »

Pita1963 wrote:
that was probably me - I live in GVR !!! Just got my Pamplona a couple of weeks ago

Robb

Robb - We are neighbors...I live in GVR also!
BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

amylou wrote:
Pita1963 wrote:

Robb

Robb - We are neighbors...I live in GVR also!
Success! :nerd:

So far I've seen one Italia, one Pamplona, and two black ones I believe. And of course the Helix down the street that I look at but don't touch.
charltons

Post by charltons »

I live in Jacksonville FL. I know of two Buddy owners because they teach with me:) Unfortunately, one got stolen, but she'll be getting another one soon. We have another teacher who drives a Piaggio, and my students reported to me he has been dissin my Pamplona :twisted:
" You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought " - Leia
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

I've never seen a Buddy when I've been out and about... however, my best friend called me today and said that she saw a Buddy just like mine (sunset orange, 125) on the HIGHWAY. She was on Loop 12 passing Keeneland Parkway in Dallas, and thought "WHAT IS SHE DOING????", lol... Anyways, she passed him, realized it wasn't me (I was at work pulling my hair out, lol...), called and left the message... I don't know who this person is... but wow... On the highway in Dallas, doing 60 (or thereabouts) with cars doing at least 70 (that's being conservative) passing him left and right...
Christy

Post by Christy »

StacyB wrote:I've never seen a Buddy when I've been out and about... however, my best friend called me today and said that she saw a Buddy just like mine (sunset orange, 125) on the HIGHWAY. She was on Loop 12 passing Keeneland Parkway in Dallas, and thought "WHAT IS SHE DOING????", lol... Anyways, she passed him, realized it wasn't me (I was at work pulling my hair out, lol...), called and left the message... I don't know who this person is... but wow... On the highway in Dallas, doing 60 (or thereabouts) with cars doing at least 70 (that's being conservative) passing him left and right...
maybe she ended up there on accident? i'd not be caught on loop 12 unless it was by pure accident...and i'd be getting off fast. no thank you.

I see more and more buddy's now a days. i'm pleased. :)
StacyB

Post by StacyB »

haha! Yep... sounds like that scene from "Clueless", right...????? where they accidentally get on the highway... hahaha... i hope he got wherever he was going ok!!!!
vaderscoot

Post by vaderscoot »

charltons wrote:I live in Jacksonville FL. I know of two Buddy owners because they teach with me:) Unfortunately, one got stolen, but she'll be getting another one soon. We have another teacher who drives a Piaggio, and my students reported to me he has been dissin my Pamplona :twisted:
challenge him to a race in front of the whole school lied dragrace high or call that guy from pinks and race for titles
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

Christy wrote:
StacyB wrote:I've never seen a Buddy when I've been out and about... however, my best friend called me today and said that she saw a Buddy just like mine (sunset orange, 125) on the HIGHWAY. She was on Loop 12 passing Keeneland Parkway in Dallas, and thought "WHAT IS SHE DOING????", lol... Anyways, she passed him, realized it wasn't me (I was at work pulling my hair out, lol...), called and left the message... I don't know who this person is... but wow... On the highway in Dallas, doing 60 (or thereabouts) with cars doing at least 70 (that's being conservative) passing him left and right...
maybe she ended up there on accident? i'd not be caught on loop 12 unless it was by pure accident...and i'd be getting off fast. no thank you.

I see more and more buddy's now a days. i'm pleased. :)

I take my Buddy on the "highway" to work every day - I work at Denver International Airport and Pena Blvd top speeds are 65....my Pamplona scoots right along!! ( I only have to go about 4miles)

Robb

rajron

Post by rajron »

With the weather warming up I beginning to see many Buddy’s around here – For that matter all sorts of 2 wheelers are out and about! Don’t know who any are though.
armacham

Post by armacham »

I've started seeing them all the time here in Tucson. Maybe I'm only noticing them because of my new found interest in scooters, but in the past 8 months I've seen 4 or 5 Buddys, a couple piaggios, and various japanese scoots that I never saw before. We're taking over! :twisted:
maribell

Post by maribell »

Badbrains, I saw the buddy you saw. It was cruisin' on Burnet near Steck! Had a female driver. Why is this person not on ModernBuddy?!!?!?
BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

maribell wrote:Badbrains, I saw the buddy you saw. It was cruisin' on Burnet near Steck! Had a female driver. Why is this person not on ModernBuddy?!!?!?
See?! She must live in that area, or maybe it's part of her commute. She seemed all geared up and accessoried-out so I figured she must be a member. I hope she isn't turned off when I scream "HEYYOUSHOULDJOINMODERNBUDDYDOTCOM!!!!" next we pass each other.

Also, I saw a lady on a Pamplona going north on Burnet at the same spot. We were next to each other stopped at stoplight and I tried to wave, but since I was in "White Lightning" (my rusty 1995 Dakota) she probably thought I wanted to say something ill-informed so she averted eye contact.

In retrospect, I have no idea what I was going to say.
Christy

Post by Christy »

BadBrains wrote:Also, I saw a lady on a Pamplona going north on Burnet at the same spot. We were next to each other stopped at stoplight and I tried to wave, but since I was in "White Lightning" (my rusty 1995 Dakota) she probably thought I wanted to say something ill-informed so she averted eye contact.
I am always phappy when a cage waves to me. I still think all cages are out to try and hit me, so I'd still be very careful around you, but I'd be pleased you appreciated that I was on 2 wheels.
charltons

Post by charltons »

[/quote]
challenge him to a race in front of the whole school lied dragrace high or call that guy from pinks and race for titles[/quote]

yeah, but the thing is, he's our IT guy, so I want to keep on his good side. Smokin his scoot might not do it.
" You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought " - Leia
maribell

Post by maribell »

I was about two seconds away from pulling a U and following them.
She-Buddy

Post by She-Buddy »

maribell wrote:I was about two seconds away from pulling a U and following them.
Uh. I've done that. It was well-deserved.
BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

Early-Middle aged hipster dude with a semi-scowl on a blue Buddy.

Date/Time: 5/02/08 9:00 am-ish
Scooter: Blue '08 Buddy
Scooterist: Matte Black 3/4 helmet, grayish beard

This time a Buddy drove down MY street. They're getting closer...
kazoo

Post by kazoo »

BadBrains wrote: Also, I saw a lady on a Pamplona going north on Burnet at the same spot. We were next to each other stopped at stoplight and I tried to wave, but since I was in "White Lightning" (my rusty 1995 Dakota) she probably thought I wanted to say something ill-informed so she averted eye contact.

SHouldn't your Dakota have a few bumper stickers on it? "Its Scooter Season" "My other ride is a Scooter"
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

SPEAKING OF SCOOTER SIGHTINGS, I saw the most precious KID scooter!! This little girl was on this pink scooter (about half the size of our buddies) - I couldn't take my eyes of her (the bike, that is). It was sooo presh!
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

i visit austin quite often and have only seen one buddy, if only there were more scooterists here in san antonio :(
sargelee71

Post by sargelee71 »

On this past Tuesday (5/6), I spotted two Buds.

1) On State Street around Adams or Monroe around 5:30 pm: Beautiful Sunset Bud with orange and black zebra striped seat cover and black Prima (?) topcase.

2) On Clark in Andersonville at Berwyn: Cream Buddy and male rider. I gave him the thumbs up, and yelled, "I've got one, too!!" To which, he responded, "All the best people do!" Wished he had been wearing a helmet, though.
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

SPOTTED!! Today, 5/8 on Montrose (Studemont) at West Gray: an Italia Buddy, male driver, no helmet, dark hair.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

WOO HOO! Nobody owns them, but yesterday I stopped in Pensacola Motorsports and they finally have BUDDIES!!! An '07 sunset, '08 seafoam, baby blue Stella, and a both colors of the Roughhouse! First time I'd seen any of them IRL... I sat on the Stella and it is SO COMFORTABLE! I wish my Buddy had that seat. Actually, I just wish I had that Stella (and my Bud, of course). :D
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

SPOTTED!! On 5/9 at around 7:45 am, on Memorial at Antoine (eastbound), a 2008 blue buddy, male driver! I'm so excited, because that gives me the confidence to drive my buddy on Memorial (our highway from downtown to the 'burbs)
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

Until today I was the ONLY scooter at Denver International Airport. Imagine my surprise when I pulled into the parking lot today and saw a St. Tropez sitting next to the big guys , temp plates and all!!! I almost fell off my scoot. I am so excited !!! Whoever you are welcome to the wonderful world of scooters !!

Robb

:shock:
AmyNTX

Post by AmyNTX »

I have not seen a buddy yet...but I saw a blue and white Vespa at the chek cashing place on beltline and josey in Carrollton yesterday;)
sl4x7

Post by sl4x7 »

mandyscoots wrote:Well there are no Buddies that I have seen in my area. In fact when people see me scooting down the street they almost wreck staring at me. I have also noticed (just in the week i've been scooting) that everyone likes to honk and wave!
Well, you may start seeing mine on Monday. I bought a Black Buddy 125 last Saturday, but because of all the rain this week, I haven't started commuting with it yet. I work in Nampa and I'll be coming/going from/to Meridian.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

I just saw a sunset? or orange? or tagerine? Buddy parked on 1st hill in a motorcycle parking area... is that anyone on here? It has a matching top case... might i actually find a buddy buddy that lives real close?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

My dad saw a Buddy on the corner of 9th and Fairfield a couple days ago... The first one 'in the wild' either of us have ever seen! It was a female rider and she waved back at my dad (who was on his red Helix). He said the Bud looked like a light grey, but it was probably the baby blue? Maybe somebody here?