What's the deal with the price on this Buddy?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ZQ8 Blazer

What's the deal with the price on this Buddy?

Post by ZQ8 Blazer »

-Justin-
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Authorized dealer? Looks like they took pics in front of their house... They only have a seller rating of 44.. I know Genuine Dealers are new and all but still... I also thought that Genuine didnt allow online sales? I thought I read that somewhere I could be way off so dont yell :oops:
sargelee71

Post by sargelee71 »

An "Authorized Dealer" would never make the following claim about a Buddy: "Made in the USA." Questionable, to say the least.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Acouple other things... they give a contact email @aol :?: and a cell phone number... I dont know much about NY, but Genuine doesnt have any dealers in Staten Island.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Buddy does not weigh 340lbs. That's the weight cap. The Buddy 125 weights 223lbs. There are a lot of fishy things going on here.

The photos are of '07 Buddys, too.

I was about to report the post, but I thought I'd try to get some info out of them first so I sent them the following:
If you're an authorized dealer, can you give me the name and location of your dealership? I know someone who may be interested in this, but they'd have to know where they could go for service. Thanks.
We shall see. If I get a reply, I want Genuine to know what these guys are up to—especially if they actually are a dealer (unlikely as that may be).
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ZQ8 Blazer

Post by ZQ8 Blazer »

good deal, be sure to post their answer here.
-Justin-
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

I'm thinking it's stolen or a scam, or a unintelligent person trying to get quick cash because of high gas prices.
jperkins

ny dealers

Post by jperkins »

According to Genuine's website there are no dealers in Staten Island or any that have that zip code
jperkins

flip

Post by jperkins »

my thought is that someone is trying to flip it for $500 because of high gas prices.

Probably bought it new for around 3k and marked it up for a quick sale.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

All:

Just to set the record straight, there is (or at least was) an authorized Genuine dealer on Staten Island. I should know since that's where I purchased my Blur.

Try going to www.fran-mar.com and take a look at the building in the photos. It's the same as the one in the Ebay photo with the two Buddies.

Now, whether the Ebay seller is really the dealer or just someone who hijacked the photos, I can't say.

In so far as inventory, I do know that the dealer had 4 or 5 '07 Buddies in stock at the time I made my purchase. Also a couple of Chetaks.

Regards,

Charlie
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

All:

BTW: You never heard this from me! :wink:

-Charlie
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

They replied and did not give me the name of their dealership, just said "Staten Island, NY." I asked again for the name of the dealership.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
kilted texan

Post by kilted texan »

Also sent a question:
You need to change your ad. Being a Authorized Dealer YOU know that they are manufactured in Taiwan by PGO. Because the prep work is done at your shop in NY does not make it "Made in the USA".

Their response:
You are right !
I guess you are very well knowledgeable
I went online and I found out that they are made by PGO company and then brought in USA.
I am selling these scoters for my friend he has a dealer for them and I want it to put some on the internet, I did not have much information for them, but I know they are reliable
I have two of them and I really like them

Be aware not a dealer.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Next question: Yeah, so why is the Buy it Now price way over MSRP—hell, over OTD—price for this scooter.

Bidders, beware.
bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

hm.. that guy that sent u the email sounds like he doesnt speak english
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

After I read this thread I went to take a look and asked a question too. Here it is:

Q: Hi, your description says your auction is for a new scooter. Can you tell me what year the scooter is? Thanks!
Answered on May-30-08
A: it is brand new 2008

Hmmm. . .and this is in the description:
Colors: BLACK - PINK - CREAM -SUNSET

Anybody see a problem here? :shock:

Ummm. . . I am getting ready to send him another message and ask him about those '08 colors. :wink:
~Celebrate~
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Sorry folks, but the 08 buddy doesnt come in that silver/black two tone. It's solid black. This is a 07, and a misinformed seller.
tundrav8

That seems like a major scam

Post by tundrav8 »

seems like a scam do not bid
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

but I really wanted an 08 sunset :cry: :roll:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

addictionriot wrote:but I really wanted an 08 sunset :cry: :roll:
Two words for you: panel swap!
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

ericalm wrote:
addictionriot wrote:but I really wanted an 08 sunset :cry: :roll:
Two words for you: panel swap!
hehe I was kidding

Did anyone contact Genuine?
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Questions from other members : SCOOTER 125 CC 4 STROKE, AIR COOLED BRAND NEW
Question & Answer

Q: this seems like a scam May-30-08
A: Hello Mr. (Know It All ) This is not a scam I listed these scooters for sale for my friend that is a authorized dealer for GENUINE SCOOTERS company in Staten Island, NEW YORK you will be pick up the scooter directly from the dealer, you will get title and paper work to register the scooter . Everything is legal and open terms EBay is not a place to play is very serious market place, and please respect it accordingly So please do not say things that you have absolutely no knowledge about it ! Thanks Leo

Q: Hi again. Thanks so much for your fast reply. I am just wondering about the year issue since the description says the available colors are black, pink, cream, and sunset, and from my understanding pink, cream, and sunset colors for the Buddy were only on '07 models and are not available in the '08 models. I appreciate any clarification so I know what year Buddy I would be bidding on. Thanks again! May-30-08
A: i will take a look at the paperwork tomorrow, and i will answer your questions, all i know that the plastic wrapping is still on them, and that they have zero miles

Q: Hi, your description says your auction is for a new scooter. Can you tell me what year the scooter is? Thanks! May-30-08
A: it is brand new 2008

Q: what is the name of your business sir? May-30-08
A: Genuine Scooters.com

Q: Why is your buy it now price $3560 when the MSRP is $2599? Would you accept a lower buy it now price? May-30-08
A: Yes just e-mail me the offer Thanks Leo

Q: If you're an authorized dealer, can you give me the name and location of your dealership? I know someone who may be interested in this, but they'd have to know where they could go for service. Thanks. May-30-08
A: Staten Island New York

Their business name is Genuine Scooters too wow I thought there was only one..
My fav is the "Hello Mr. Know it All" Yay for friendly people!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

addictionriot wrote:Did anyone contact Genuine?
I may email them tomorrow because of this bit:
Q: what is the name of your business sir?
A: Genuine Scooters.com
They have yet to correct "made in the USA" or reply to my question about the name of the dealer they represent.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I dont understand why the company fran-mar isnt listed on Genuine's site.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I just asked about the "made in USA" This could get fun!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Q: Your description states "Made in USA" Isn't the Buddy 125 an imported rebadged PGO My Bubu manufactured in Taiwan?
Answered on May-31-08
A: Yes
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

NOTE:

I received a few questions about the (made in usa) statement and the being an authorized dealer,

Answer:

I listed these scooters here for sale for my friend that sells them from –Genuine scooters (Chicago –Illinois) Web: http://www.genuinescooters.com/scooters ... ddy_3.html .

He is an authorized dealer for the Staten Island – New York Area, WEB: http://www.fran-mar.com/index.html

The scooter model year is 2007

and as far the made in usa statement;

How about Chevy’s and gmc are all the parts

Manufactured in USA?
www.teamscootertrash.com

bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

i actually called him and the guy who owns the company and it does seem legit.. he told me that it was his son that put it on there and that he is going to get him to take it off. the price for the 125 buddies he is selling is like 2,700 before fees... seems legit
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Now I asked why fran-mar is notlisted as a Geniune dealer
www.teamscootertrash.com

Christy

Post by Christy »

clearly not a native english speaker. way way way too many spelling errors. weight is wrong. in 2 places, that I noticed, he lists the year once as an 07 and once as an 08. He says MADE in the usa and we all know thats wrong. imported by a us company, YES, but not made. sheesh. plus he's terribly rude in his responses to questions he allows to be posted on the listing.

I am amazed he already has 3 bids. I'd never buy from him.
EPSP #76
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

I emailed ebay and Genuine.

Why is it that he says his son listed them.. but his own "son" said he listed them for a friend, which is it?
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Yeah..this makes it sound REAL legit...

Q: Why is Fran-Mar Collision NOT LISTED as an authorized dealer on Genuine's web site?
Answered on May-31-08
A: Why red Is red !
www.teamscootertrash.com

Christy

Post by Christy »

BuddyRaton wrote:Yeah..this makes it sound REAL legit...

Q: Why is Fran-Mar Collision NOT LISTED as an authorized dealer on Genuine's web site?
Answered on May-31-08
A: Why red Is red !

this will be harsh but
the guy is a liar, plain and simple. Even if some of his story is true, parts of it aren't and that makes it all untrue.
EPSP #76
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

addictionriot wrote:I emailed ebay and Genuine.

Why is it that he says his son listed them.. but his own "son" said he listed them for a friend, which is it?
Cool. I was trying to figure out how to report the listing to eBay, then gave up because I got frustrated with it. Plus, I had buttons to make!
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

ericalm wrote:

Cool. I was trying to figure out how to report the listing to eBay, then gave up because I got frustrated with it. Plus, I had buttons to make!
:lol: buttons are very important!

I havent heard back from either btw.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Wow, that's just sad. But as the man said... that's why red is red :lol:
EZPZ #65
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

I may have to change my signature to that. It really is a good answer!

Why do you ride a scooter?

why red is red.

Whyd didnt you pay your taxes?

why red is red.
www.teamscootertrash.com

addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

BuddyRaton wrote:I may have to change my signature to that. It really is a good answer!

Why do you ride a scooter?

why red is red.

Whyd didnt you pay your taxes?

why red is red.

:lol: :lol: Maybe thats code for something?
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Q: Bidder Beware!

The link you listed: http://www.genuinescooters.com/scooters ... ddy_3.html is for the 2008 models, which you are not selling.

An authorized dealer would not make claims about being made in the USA and compare their answer to GMC

If you do not have the facts on these products, dont list them until you do.

A: Listen to me go get yourself a job and do something with your life please,
Is because of ignorant people like you that eBay is not trusted as it should be
Thanks

I'm hurt and I want to cry :twisted: :? :shock: :roll:
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

ericalm wrote:

OK, that's enough! Ebay and Genuine apparantly will take care of it. BACK TO WORK! Get those skinny, dirty cousins busy! There are buttons to be shipped!

Distractions, distractions. :roll:
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

addictionriot wrote: I'm hurt and I want to cry :twisted: :? :shock: :roll:

WHY RED IS RED!
Last edited by BuddyRaton on Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.teamscootertrash.com

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

DennisD wrote: OK, that's enough!
No its not!! I questioned the weight. I will keep asking legitimate
questions until I get satisfactory answers.

I'm enjoying this WAY too much to stop now!
www.teamscootertrash.com

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Q: You list the weight as 340 lbs. The Genuine site to which you provided a link list it as 233 lbs. What is the actual weight? Why so many errors in your description? I would like to bid but I am concerned! Jun-01-08
A: Please go by information in the website, I did a lot of errors in this listing ! Please feel free to call me 718-612-2010 Remember I don’t any money or anything from you, come to the shop and take a look and then buy it from there with all the paperwork necessary to register this beautiful scooter ONCE AGAINYOU DON’T HAVE TO SEND MONEY, THE PURPOSE OF THE LISTING IS TO BRING PEOPLE TO THE SHOP AND BUY FROM THERE !

I do have to give him credit for answering quickly. But that is it
www.teamscootertrash.com

BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Q: This is the most unprofessional listing and Q&A I have ever seen. Are you a dealer or not? Why are you advertising something with so many mistakes? The reason people mistrust the listing is due to these errors, not b/c of the questions others are asking. Get your facts RIGHT before listing an item like this. Bidders Beware!!! Jun-01-08
A: I AM VERY SORRY THAT YOU FIND UNPROFESSIONAL, I JUST GOT VERY ANOYED BY ALL THEESE POPLE E-MAILING ME AND SAYING THAT IT WAS A SCAM, WHEN I AM NOT ASKING FOR MONEY OR ANYTHING FROM THE BUERS I AM JUST SAYING COME TO THE SHOP AND BUY IT FROM THERE, ANYWAY I WILL END THE LISTING BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT IT HAS A LOT OF ERRORS. I LISTED THE SCOOTERS FOR MY FRIEND, THAT IS SCOOTER DELAER FOR; (GENUINE SCOOTER), (VENTO) AND OTHER BRANDS THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, I WILL INFORM MY SELF BETTER AND THEN I WILL LIST THE ITEM AGAIN THANKS LEO 718-612-2010

MISSION ACOMPLISHED!!!! (and not like Georgeie!)

On the bright side...this thread has put me over 400 posts!

WHY RED IS RED!
www.teamscootertrash.com

bjj4287

Post by bjj4287 »

u win
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

BuddyRaton wrote:
DennisD wrote: OK, that's enough!
No its not!! I questioned the weight. I will keep asking legitimate
questions until I get satisfactory answers.

I'm enjoying this WAY too much to stop now!
Gosh, apparantly the intended humor didn't get through. Sorry.

I think your problem is that you just don't understand why red really is red.

PRODUCTION! BUTTON PRODUCTION MUST CONTINUE!! MOVE IT!!

Not only that, I was going to bid and get a brand new Buddy 125 for 599 bucks! Maybe delivered? :shock:
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

My bid was 599.99

Now get back to making buttons!

:rofl:
www.teamscootertrash.com

ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BuddyRaton wrote:Q: This is the most unprofessional listing and Q&A I have ever seen. Are you a dealer or not? Why are you advertising something with so many mistakes? The reason people mistrust the listing is due to these errors, not b/c of the questions others are asking. Get your facts RIGHT before listing an item like this. Bidders Beware!!! Jun-01-08
A: I AM VERY SORRY THAT YOU FIND UNPROFESSIONAL, I JUST GOT VERY ANOYED BY ALL THEESE POPLE E-MAILING ME AND SAYING THAT IT WAS A SCAM, WHEN I AM NOT ASKING FOR MONEY OR ANYTHING FROM THE BUERS I AM JUST SAYING COME TO THE SHOP AND BUY IT FROM THERE, ANYWAY I WILL END THE LISTING BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT IT HAS A LOT OF ERRORS. I LISTED THE SCOOTERS FOR MY FRIEND, THAT IS SCOOTER DELAER FOR; (GENUINE SCOOTER), (VENTO) AND OTHER BRANDS THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT, I WILL INFORM MY SELF BETTER AND THEN I WILL LIST THE ITEM AGAIN THANKS LEO 718-612-2010
So he basically admits to violating eBay policy, then? AWESOME. I hope this gets pulled.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

He sells ventos too, those are some cheap low quality chinese bikes. He probably tells his customers they're made in the USA too.
Christy

Post by Christy »

BuddyRaton wrote:Q: This is the most unprofessional listing and Q&A I have ever seen. Are you a dealer or not? Why are you advertising something with so many mistakes? The reason people mistrust the listing is due to these errors, not b/c of the questions others are asking. Get your facts RIGHT before listing an item like this. Bidders Beware!!! Jun-01-08

MISSION ACOMPLISHED!!!! (and not like Georgeie!)

On the bright side...this thread has put me over 400 posts!

WHY RED IS RED!

WOOHOO!!! I had to work this morning so I didn't get his emailed response until I got home (just now).

yep, that was me asking this question to him. LOL

:p
EPSP #76