I'M A BLUR OWNER NOW. WOOHOO!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CL

I'M A BLUR OWNER NOW. WOOHOO!

Post by CL »

Hello everyone! I'm new on the forum and a new Blur owner. Woohoo! I just picked up the last 06' Blur they have from my local dealer today. Yes! Yes! Yes! And I'm getting right back on it after the post! Just want to share my excitement with everybody here. :D
Davek

Post by Davek »

Congrats! Where are you located?
CL

Post by CL »

Thank you. I'm in Miami, FL. I put a hundred miles on it today and I'm loving it. :D
CL

Post by CL »

BTW, since it's the first brand new scooter I have ever owned, I'd like to ask if someone can tell me what I need to know about breaking it in. What speed should I keep it under and for how long? There's going to be so much I need to learn from you all on this forum and I can't wait. :D Thanks in advance.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Ride it like you stole it.

Actually there are several break in threads in the forum you can find with the search button.

Most people just say vary your rpm/speed, dont keep it constant for too long. But then again, some owners ride at a steady rpm from day 1, and no one's bike has died yet. The bike is very good quality, so no matter what, it wont let you down.

I rode about 1-200 miles just in my neighborhood from speeds of 15mph to 25mph, then I took it out on the public roads with speeds of 30-35mph.

Another thing is let it warm up, the engine oil needs to warm up to seal those piston rings. Turn the bike on, go put your helmet/gloves/etc on, come back 5 minutes later and it should be ready.
Racenut

Post by Racenut »

Welcome to the Elite Club. Elite as in you might not ever see another one on the road. :P
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Racenut wrote:Welcome to the Elite Club. Elite as in you might not ever see another one on the road. :P
There have been many rumors about the Blur coming back... But they're just that. It could happen!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…