SCOOTER ARMY!!!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KRUSTYburger

SCOOTER ARMY!!!

Post by KRUSTYburger »

We had our first group ride today! It was a lot of fun and I got a few pics to share. A handful of us kept on going after the ride was over, but I didn't get any photos cuz we were going too dang fast! Anyways, it was lots of fun and I guess we will be doing it every month now. Plus we have eachothers' emails to plan stuff whenever, so overall an eventful day... I have a new shirt, a hundred more miles on my bud, and a nice farmer tan to show for it! :twisted:

First I got individual pics of each scoot in attendance. Surprisingly only one vintage Vespa and only one Yamaha. Mine was the only Buddy, but there were 2 other Genuine scoots. Ooh, also noticed I'm the only scoot with whitewalls 8)

Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Then here's the rest, sorry all the ones where we're moving are blurry cuz the zoom on my camera is not so good...

Can't wait till next time.
Last edited by KRUSTYburger on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

GREAT pics! & what a mix of scooters
I am so jelous
r0sa

Post by r0sa »

fun fun fun! :lol:
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

man lot of maxi scooters krusty i see you started you custum pait work looks good you cant leave anything stock can ya.. :lol: what fun im trying to get something like this started around here to put like most places if its not a harly it not a bike
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Great pics; looks like a fun ride.
Are you the youngest club member?!

The custom paint on that green Vespa GT is mad crazy cool. The variety there is great—an MP3, Stella with sidecar, couple old Hondas and a 3-wheeled monster something. What a mix!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Great pics Krusty! Thanks a lot. Next time we'll ride a little slower and get some pics on the country roads. Great shots! You could become the official photographer of the Pensacola Scooter Army.
Thanks!

Dennis
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

ericalm wrote:Great pics; looks like a fun ride.
Are you the youngest club member?!

The custom paint on that green Vespa GT is mad crazy cool. The variety there is great—an MP3, Stella with sidecar, couple old Hondas and a 3-wheeled monster something. What a mix!
The monster something was a Honda Reflex with quick release "training wheels". There ws an older lady riding that. Instant 3 wheeler - er- 4 wheeler in this case.

Jimmy was the ride leader on his Metropolitan. Jimmy is one BIG BOY and his metro still ran at 41mph. He had to go back to work and then we did the "ride after the ride".

The 3 wheeler was a Piaggio MP3 400cc. The Stella with sidecar was an older gentleman and the scoot was a 2005 with 600 miles on it!

The blue and silver Helix was a 1986 that the owner bought after it was wrecked and rebuilt it. Only 11,000 miles on it.

There was quite a spread in ages with Krusty possibly the youngest, then I think every age group up into the 70's. It was a good time and Krusty ran the Buddy WOT a loooong ways.

It was a good ride and I think every one is looking forward to getting together some more. Next ride I'll take the Buddy. I was on the Vino this time. Not enough miles on the Buddy yet to run her like we did.

Dennis
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Yeah, it was a lot of fun and I'm pretty sure I was the youngest there, but I don't know how old the guy with the Roughhouse was. He was doing good considering that first ride must've been like WOT and he'd only had his scoot for a couple weeks! It's funny that almost everyone was 'older' since some guys on another forum had written how it was probably just a bunch of whippersnappers. :lol: ...little do they know... Anyways, yes lots of maxiscoots. We had FIVE Reflexes and one Reflex clone!

I think next time we definitely need to pick a less straight route than we went this time. Maybe a bit faster too... Like a cross between the big group ride and the after ride would be good. I know Jimmy is planning on finally getting a Buddy so then we can go a little faster, we should all chip in to get the guy with the Roughhouse a 70cc kit :twisted: .
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

Awesome pics! Were you scootin' and shootin' at the same time?

Man, I try to keep an open mind ... but those MP3s are hideous. They look too futuristic ... Maybe I'll like them when the future gets here.
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

Nice assortment of scoots, what a great turnout. Looks like a good ride was had by all. The training wheels are hilarious. But I guess if she is 70 and it gets her into the ride then more power to them training wheels.
"Hey Little Buddy" - Jonas Grumby
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

KABanshee wrote:Nice assortment of scoots, what a great turnout. Looks like a good ride was had by all. The training wheels are hilarious. But I guess if she is 70 and it gets her into the ride then more power to them training wheels.
Yeah, she was a pretty small lady and had a cane, and that Reflex is pretty heavy. I was doing a scoot'n'shoot just holding my camera up in the air with my left hand. I got some vids, but the quality is crap and its pretty far away... I'm trying to upload one of the *better* ones for you guys, but it's taking forever. :?
Rhodyterri

Post by Rhodyterri »

This looks like it was alot of fun. If I tried that here, all I would have to post would be pictures of the wide open road in front of me. Not alot of scooters at my end of the state.

Krusty, any chance of seeing a picture of your helmet? It looked like you have done your creative thing on that too. Thanks for the pictures.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Orange Guy wrote:Awesome pics! Were you scootin' and shootin' at the same time?

Man, I try to keep an open mind ... but those MP3s are hideous. They look too futuristic ... Maybe I'll like them when the future gets here.
Have you seen one in person? They're less hideous than they look in pics. I don't really like the ultra-modern for most scooters, but with the MP3 technology, I don't think anything else would make sense. The MP3 500s have the more aggressive styling; I prefer those in appearance. And I say it every time this scoot comes up in discussion: If you can, go test ride one.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

ericalm wrote:Have you seen one in person? They're less hideous than they look in pics.
Sure did. When I got my Buddy, the dealer had a couple of these. Try as I might, I can't shake the impression that they look like part old person mobility scooter.

Maybe if someone gave me one ($9K!) it would grow on me.
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Rhodyterri wrote:This looks like it was alot of fun. If I tried that here, all I would have to post would be pictures of the wide open road in front of me. Not alot of scooters at my end of the state.
That what I thought too until I started posting the ride all over the scoot forums and people started coming out of the wood work. Aside from my dad and Jimmy and maybe one other guy, I'd never even seen any of these scoots on the road.
Rhodyterri wrote:Krusty, any chance of seeing a picture of your helmet? It looked like you have done your creative thing on that too. Thanks for the pictures.
Yeah, it was black and I wanted to make it more visible and match my scoot. It almost matches, that green is a hard color to find! The white is reflective tape. There are pics on the second page of the helmet thread.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Training wheels? What? I thought you were kidding, but after looking closer I can see that the rear wheel from the scoot is still there :shock:

So does the scoot lean with the training wheels on? What a hoot :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
twharton

Post by twharton »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Can't believe I missed it.

Ok KRUSTYburger....I want to see detailed views of your helmet. No teasing.

What is that yellow three wheeler?

And what Vespa boutique did you stop at...the photo with the green GTX in the foreground.

And....that two tone paint job on the Vespa on the ride is UBER Cool.

I need answers and photos of that helmet....please. :D
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
twharton

Post by twharton »

Oh snap!

So looking at those photos in detail there are training wheels on that yellow Honda! So it's a four wheeler....3 in back and one in front. I guess the tire wear is quite even. My wife said she wants a 3 wheeler and I suggested a Can-Am Spyer HAHA

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Yeah, those Spyders are cool... They were actually selling one when we met up at PMS! That's some serious bucks there. Anyways, I thought I already showed everybody my helmet dangit! Well, here's summore pics I took just for you. P.S. Do you work every Saturday or do you think you'll be able to make it next time (3rd Sat of each month)? If you can't, maybe we can plan a ride on another day. I know there are at least a couple people who would be interested (self included). PM me your email so I can give it to Jimmy and you can be on 'the list' of contacts for the club.

ANYWAYS! Here's the helmet now that it's all dirty and scratched-up from throwing it around all the time. (the white parts are reflective tape)

Last edited by KRUSTYburger on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

twharton wrote:Oh snap!

So looking at those photos in detail there are training wheels on that yellow Honda! So it's a four wheeler....3 in back and one in front. I guess the tire wear is quite even. My wife said she wants a 3 wheeler and I suggested a Can-Am Spyer HAHA

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/
A few people in my area ride these. The newer design os okay, but they're really just nifty ATVs. If you lean it, you're about to tip over!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

KRUSTYburger wrote:Yeah, those Spyders are cool... They were actually selling one when we met up at PMS! That's some serious bucks there. Anyways, I thought I already showed everybody my helmet dangit! Well, here's summore pics I took just for you. P.S. Do you work every Saturday or do you think you'll be able to make it next time (3rd Sat of each month)? If you can't, maybe we can plan a ride on another day. I know there are at least a couple people who would be interested (self included). PM me your email so I can give it to Jimmy and you can be on 'the list' of contacts for the club.

ANYWAYS! Here's the helmet now that it's all dirty and scratched-up from throwing it around all the time. (the white parts are reflective tape)

Did you paint that yourself? If not, who did? If not, where did you get it?
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

MikieTaps wrote:Did you paint that yourself? If not, who did? If not, where did you get it?
Yes, I painted it... It was just plain glossy black when I got it, so I cut the reflective tape and stuck it on for better nighttime visibility. Then I went ahead and added some color in an attempt to make it even more visible and match my scooter better (green hornet). I just masked it off with electrical tape and plastic bags, same as when I painted my scoot.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

:wha:

Good work! that is amazing... wanna paint my helmet? :bat:
paint_lick

Post by paint_lick »

stella is a nice lookin' scoot. i do wish genuine would bring it to California.... and that sidecar is stylin'. 8)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

paint_lick wrote:stella is a nice lookin' scoot. i do wish genuine would bring it to California.... and that sidecar is stylin'. 8)
Maybe next year. Maybe not the Stella we (well, those in the other 49 states) know and love, but some kind of Stella. Maybe...
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

MikieTaps wrote:Good work! that is amazing... wanna paint my helmet?
Thanks, and I might paint your helmet if I lived somewhere in the opposite corner of the US!

Yeah, that guy had that Stella since '04 he said and it only had like 3000 miles! I've been dreaming of the baby blue one in the shop up the street, but now that I've seen the white one, just don't know which I like better!!! Still holding out for the automatic. Is it just a pipe dream? Throw me friggin' bone here! If they're gonna do it, they might as well go crazy and make it a 250. :roll: Y'know? It only makes sense...
mandyscoots

Post by mandyscoots »

what no pinkies?
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

Krusty your are way too ill!
Rhodyterri

Post by Rhodyterri »

Krusty -

That is one awesome helmet girl! You rock!! I bought a whit FF helmet when I got my Buddy. Thought more about visibility than style. Now I have been collecting stickers and putting them all over it. I really like the look of yours though. I am not an artist, but I am starting to feel the need to "decorate" the helmet in my own style.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

All the pics are gone! :cry:
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

pugbuddy wrote:All the pics are gone! :cry:
Oops! I did some "organizing" so all the links are broken... :x MAN! there's a TON of photos I gotta re-post. This is gonna take a while.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Very cool! Now they're back! Thanks! Looks awesome!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Okay P'cola peeps, I'm posting this here and on the "SCOOTER ARMY!!!" gallery thread, but also in the new section "Rallies, Events, Meetups" and I'll be posting all upcoming PSA rides there. So here's the news.

This months ride will be on a Thursday evening, so please let me know if weekdays are going to be a problem then we'll know not to do it in the future.

The schedule:

Thursday, June 26th!

4:30 pm --- Meet @ PMS (optional)

5:00 pm --- leave PMS for CiCi's Pizza (optional)

5:30 pm --- Meet @ CiCi's (9th Ave & Crieghton)

Whenever we're done eating, then we will go for the ride. So it's not necessary to meet at PMS unless you want some *extra* riding... Feel free to just meet up at CiCi's, that's fine.

We have yet to decide where to ride after we eat, so please email (straightothelephant@hotmail.com) or PM your suggestions to me or (as always) you can call Jimmy @ PMS: 456-6655. Jimmy was thinking Marble Slab or something, but I have a feeling we'll all already be full by the time we're done with the buffet. So if you know of some nice areas within a reasonable distance of the pizza place, please share! Suggestions for future rides are also welcome.

Hope everyone is able to make it!

SEE YOU THERE!

~Cheryl
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

heh, forgot about this thread... :oops:
KRUSTYburger wrote:w00t!!! Steak n' Shake ride was a blast! Got some photos to drool over, hope to see everyone on our next ride. :mrgreen:

(click on pic to go to slideshow)