ordering new Buddy 125--which color?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

schroeder

ordering new Buddy 125--which color?

Post by schroeder »

I am getting ready to order a new 08 Buddy 125. I like black, red, and also the orange for high visibility. I am a 58 year old guy. Taking a survey of which color to buy. Give me your color choice and if you are a dude or lady. Thanks for your input. 8)
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

When I bought mine, I just haaaddd to go with some retro seafoam green... it called out to me! Some people have made some off-color remarks concerning the color and my sexual identification, but I'm a married man, not looking for any extra ladies (a scooter can't hold that many! :shock: ), so I just don't care! My vote is seafoam green all the way :P

Whatever color you end up with, I'm certain that you will enjoy it!
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

If I was getting an '08, I would've gone with the seafoam as well... However, I think the cream is very classy (I keep forgetting that's an '07 color).

Judging by the options you gave (black, red, orange), I think I like the black. Yeah, I'm a GIRL, but not very girly. As far as visibility goes, get a white helmet with some black racing stripes or something to match and a bright/reflective jacket... Most 'experts' say the helmet and jacket color matter much more that the actual bike color. Still, the orange is pretty nice. You don't have a preference?
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

You talking sunset orange the new tangerine orange?

I say go for the new orange.
schroeder

Post by schroeder »

I guess I like the black Buddy best, and you made a great point about the helmet color and I can always wear a hi-vis jacket. I was talking about the new tangerine orange color. Thanks for the input. My wife likes the tangerine color best also.
buddyboop

Post by buddyboop »

schroeder wrote:I guess I like the black Buddy best, and you made a great point about the helmet color and I can always wear a hi-vis jacket. I was talking about the new tangerine orange color. Thanks for the input. My wife likes the tangerine color best also.
You could have the best of both worlds and put some red or tangerine bottom pieces on a black Buddy. I've see black with red and it is BEUATIFUL!!!
twoscoots

Post by twoscoots »

I got my tangerine partly because of the visibility relative to black or red. The seafoam and the blue are not at all my cup of tea, but honestly I think they're both more visible than the rest
As the PP suggests, I thought about swapping out the lower body panels on a tangerine for black, which would preserve the visibility but moderate the orangeness.
Ronin

Post by Ronin »

twoscoots wrote:The seafoam and the blue are not at all my cup of tea, but honestly I think they're both more visible than the rest
Ya know... I hadn't really thought about the visibility factor when I bought mine... thanks for another reason to give if/when I decide to answer when asked why I went green! :)
sl4x7

Post by sl4x7 »

I'd go with black... but then again, I'm a bit biased since that's what I just bought a week or so ago. I have a white helmet. I want one of those red and white Corazzo 5.0 jackets. That should make me plenty visible.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

If orange didnt exist, I might have gone for red or black, but that orange is too good looking to give up. :)
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

What color? I'd say yes.

Thanks Fletch...
EZPZ #65
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

get zombie blood green! it is the most eye catching, in my own humble opinion. :bat:
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

Gotta think "gear" what color armored jacket you going to get?

Does your wife have a Buddy? If not, then go with the Tangerine and break it in for her. Then get another color for yourself.

The Tangerine you have to see in person....it is special.

Too many to choose from!
Twentyfourskys

Post by Twentyfourskys »

Well I walked into my Scooter Shop ready to order a black one. Then out of the corner of my eye this red glare hit my eyes, I turned to see what it was and behold, it was the red 125. I got it that day. haha. That is my magical story of my scooter.

Honestly, my choice would be black or red. I wanted black, however when I saw that red it just called out to me. My only problem with black would be that late at night, people might not see it. I know you have headlights and brake lights but still, and help in getting me seen by other drivers at night I will take.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

WHY RED IS RED!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I rode with a guy on a black Vespa ET the other night and have to say he was nearly invisible from the side and the rear. He had no reflective gear or anything on. So, if you choose black, consider black reflective tape and some good night riding gear.

I like the tangerine orange. Not too pastel. Not too "feminine." And I'm a dude*.

*I'm a dude who lives in Los Angeles, where the dudes are a little different than dudes in the rest of the country. I'm also a designer, which means that I probably don't have the same color sense as, say, an engineer.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
bryantbuddy

Post by bryantbuddy »

Think Visibility - Orange.

As one 'mature' rider to another. Black is cooler but nevertheless safety should be a major concern. I think the 07 orange was better but unless you can find a new 07 ya take what ya can get. Good Luck.
I want to live slow, love soft, die old and have a beautiful memory.
twharton

Post by twharton »

Orange.....more reliable, faster, sexier. 8)
twharton
Northwest, FL
"Where thousands live the way millions wish they could!"
Christy

Post by Christy »

i prefer the red
EPSP #76
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

I was 55 when I bought my Buddy and I chose my color myself. What's your problem? :wink:

PS: welcome to the forum and the world of Buddys, in advance. Good luck with your choice.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
docutech

Post by docutech »

BuddyRaton wrote:WHY RED IS RED!
I LOL'ed :rofl:
docutech

Post by docutech »

Light Blue? :P
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

What does your Dealer have in stock? Unless you are willing to wait for a color preference.

But I do agree that Black does NOT have the visibilty like the lighter colors.