So here's some useless information...

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hugo

So here's some useless information...

Post by Hugo »

When I first got my Rattler 110, I was trying to figure out what the heck the trip indicator was measuring. Reading back a few posts, I read that it measures every 100 meters. :? Oh, how very useful here in the USA.
For those who care to do math in their heads while riding, 1 mile equals roughly 16 on the trip meter. I wonder if this is something that Genuine might consider changing. A time trip meter would be nice. :wink:
zene10

Re: So here's some useless information...

Post by zene10 »

Hugo wrote:When I first got my Rattler 110, I was trying to figure out what the heck the trip indicator was measuring. Reading back a few posts, I read that it measures every 100 meters. :? Oh, how very useful here in the USA.
For those who care to do math in their heads while riding, 1 mile equals roughly 16 on the trip meter. I wonder if this is something that Genuine might consider changing. A time trip meter would be nice. :wink:
my 07 rattler trip meter reads in 10ths of miles. For example, a trip reading of 463 corresponds to 46.3 miles. This is spot on with the odometer. I use it to check gas mileage.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The manual does say meters... but the odometer and my GPS disagree with that. I think they never changed the manual when they changed the units on our display. My GPS says the trip meter is in miles.
EZPZ #65
MPA

Post by MPA »

my '07 reads it in 100 meter increments but the odometer is definitely miles.

Having an actual trip odometer would be nice :D
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Before reading the older thread about the trip meter, I couldn't figure it out. It seemed jibberish to me as I compaired it to the odometer--of course, I kept resetting it in order to get a better understanding. That just made everything even more confusing :? .
I'll have to consider the 10th of a mile scenario. Regardless, it doesn't affect how fun it is to ride!
It does make sense that it would have a 10th of a mile reading, for the more common "mechanical" odometers usually have that feature.
MPA

Post by MPA »

I'm pretty sure now that my trip is in miles too - and maybe the a few times back I just forgot to reset the trip. It was turning miles on the odo at the same last digit on the trip. Wierd. :shock: