What's your gas mileage?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

What's your gas mileage?

Post by 360 »

So what gas mileage are people getting on their Blurs? (taking into account the funky kilodometer)
What are the actual odometer readings people are getting between fill-ups(and then i'll convert them into miles myself).

I'll do a more accurate reading with my next gas stop (which will be soon since it's almost at E), but so far it hasn't seemed like the type of mileage I was expecting...although I've been riding it kind of hard, so that probably makes a difference.
ScooterN2

Post by ScooterN2 »

I have driven 750Km. My mileage (converted to mpg) has ranged from 81 to 87 mph.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

That's great, even taking any kind of inaccuracies into account! I wonder if someone with GPS could give this a shot? May also shed some light on odometer & sppedo variance.
ScooterN2

Post by ScooterN2 »

I plan on trying to get a better handle on the odometer and speedo inaccuracies. I will likely do some measurements (car and GPS) next weekend and will report back. I passed a police radar/speed display unit yesterday. I was clocking 50 mph, but the speed display showed 42 mpg.
About 20% inaccurate. From my driving on roads that I am familiar with typical car speeds, I would agree that the speedo is off that much.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Yeah, I did a long ride this weekend and mileage wasn't great, but not bad either. I think I probably got about 60, 65 mpg. (edit: I was counting wrong, it was more like 75-80 mpg) But that was a lot of fast riding mixed with bouts of stop and go traffic. The ratings are based on driving more conservatively than anyone would ever ride in reality.

The speedo is definitely optimistic (most are). I've been on the highway a couple times and the highest I've been able to get it was 65mph, and I don't think I was going much over 55. I imagine someone that weighed 60 pounds less than me, with a tailwind and a hill, could get the speedo to 70, but I'd guess that'd more like 62-63 in reality.

The good news is that the seat and riding position was more comfortable than I expected for a long trip ("Long" being a couple hours, from downtown Chicago to the edge of Wisconsin yesterday, and back today).

I'm due for my first oil change, with no help from the manual. The manual really is pretty much useless, isn't it? Nothing about changing bulbs or oil or anything, and it's pretty vague and poorly translated. I wonder if they have/sell service manuals for it at Scooterworks.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.

Post by 360 »

Yes, using user manual is help for almost nothing with troubles or questions I have want. I learning very little of amount. :wink:

This is my first scooter, but i'd like to be able to eventually handle minor maintenance or at least change the oil myself. I honestly don't even know half of what to be checking for these pre-ride inspections from what the manual says. Not only that, but the manual keeps switching back between KMs and miles. So, I just make sure there's nothing dripping or obviously detached and that the brakes work...and now I got a tire gauge to check pressure every now and then.

yeah, i'm gonna have to ask about the service manuals.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

ditto on the usefulness of the manual...
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!