2 P.E.A.C.E Buddies

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Alix B

2 P.E.A.C.E Buddies

Post by Alix B »

The scooter shop in Tucson, AZ, Scoot Over, organized a group ride to Bisbee, AZ. Six people rode 250 miles roundtrip to meet up with me and bring me into Tucson.

It was an amazing feeling to see six riders scoot in and seven ride back as a pack. I've never done a long group ride with that many people.

One Buddy St. Tropez rider, Shaun, asked if he could join me from Tucson to San Fransisco. At that point he under 700 miles on his Buddy. As of today, he just hit 1,000!

I initiated him hard today-desert winds, long miles, astounding heat. What a champ! Today's ride, 263 miles.

If you see us on the road, show some love. And please, join us if you have some time.
Scoot Scoot for Peace

We will arrive San Diego tomorrow night and stay until Saturday morning. Then on to Long Beach and to LA by Sunday. Tuesday we will probably begin the drive up the coast to San Fransisco, stopping to camp somewhere.

Hope to see yall along the way!

I'm trying to talk Shaun into blogging on www.peacescooter.com so keep your eyes out for the noobies words on traveling!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi all. I'm the Shaun in question. I will indeed be blogging at peacescooter.com while on this trip. Please stop by! :) I will also post trip reports here at Modern Buddy if you're interested. Let me know! :)

-Shaun
Mary Jane

Post by Mary Jane »

Alix, glad to hear you have company for this part of the ride! Best of luck and safe travels to both you and Shaun. 8) What a great adventure! Unfortunately Iowa is out of your travel path this time..... :(
gymnation

Post by gymnation »

Great stuff Alix and Shaun! Even if we're not with you out there, we're with you!
Maude Lebowski: What do you do for recreation?
The Dude: Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Get together in LA! Who's up for it? Alix, it would be great to finally meet you in person. Have any plans already? You can PM me or email me at admin@modernbuddy.com.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

let us know when you are getting into seattle, i would love to ride out to meet you guys and ride with you into town!
ervine13

Re: 2 P.E.A.C.E Buddies

Post by ervine13 »

Alix B wrote:
We will arrive San Diego tomorrow night and stay until Saturday morning. Then on to Long Beach and to LA by Sunday. Tuesday we will probably begin the drive up the coast to San Fransisco, stopping to camp somewhere.

Hope to see yall along the way!
I would love to join! PM me about your ride details for Long Beach to LA
teacherquinn

Post by teacherquinn »

Alix,
Please join the Wine Ride out of Temecula on Sunday the 8th! Ride leaves at 11:00. It's a $50 donation and it goes to the Susan G. Komen foundation. It's the same organization that I'm supporting on my ride across the country and back this summer. You are welcome to stay with Kevin & I Sunday night if you need a place to crash.

Starbucks Coffee Company
27501 Ynez Avenue
(NW Corner of Rancho California Road @ Ynez Road, under the big American flag)
Suite A-6
Temecula, CA 92591
951-699-2966

We’ll meet at approx. 10am, and depart for our 65 mile ride at 11 am., followed by a our Mediterranean styled lunch, and raffle, which will include grand prize of a brand spanking new Genuine Roughhouse R50 scooter, generously provided by Vespa of Oceanside:

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic23414.html
Alix B

Post by Alix B »

Thank you for the invitation.
$50 is 10 tanks of gas.

Is there any way I could just "trail" you all and act very nonchalant...

Like, hey, cool, look other scooterists out of the road...fancy that.

Once P.E.A.C.E SCOOT is over-I will def. make a donation in support of yours. And if your ride brings you through Maine, you have a place to stay, for sure.

Will get in touch about a place to crash...not sure yet the exact plan.

Peace!
Kaos

Post by Kaos »

Hey Alix, just wanted to say peace scoot is an awesome idea!
I'm hoping I might see you on my morning commute as you head through Portland! Keep an eye out for a tangerine Buddy 125! Just a heads up though, from looking at your route map it looks like you plan on riding right up I-5 through Oregon, and your photos look like you're also riding a Buddy 125. In Oregon the 125 isn't freeway legal!