new rattler 110

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jyro

new rattler 110

Post by jyro »

Just got the rattler 110 and if I try riding at half throttle or less for break in it starts to stall out. If I use 80% to 100% it runs good. I let the bike warm up for 5 minute. Anyone else experience this on there new rattler 110?
Last edited by jyro on Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

Hey welcome to the "Rattler Society of Cool Kids", your gonna enjoy the Rattler alot. As far as the cutting out what is the elevation where you are at? Will it idle w/out stalling? The Rattler plain and simply enjoy the position of wot (wide open throttle). When I was putting on my first couple hundred miles on the Rattler it would stall out when coming to a stop w/in the first mile but has since gotten past this phathom. Where you at?

Kab
"Hey Little Buddy" - Jonas Grumby
jyro

Post by jyro »

I’m close to sea level here in san Diego CA. The bike will start right up with a little throttle and idle well. its the mid throttle that doesn’t work well. After warming it up, if I try to take off slow it will start sputtering and die around half throttle. since I’m at sea level it might be to lean on the carb needle or is this just the way it runs during break in. does your rattler run good at half throttle?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

You need to set your air/fuel ratio. The adjustment screw is a brass, slotted screw on the carb... behind the finger screw for the idle. If you take your seat bucket out you'll see it real easy. Mine would die at low rpm's too until I found that friggin screw :x
EZPZ #65
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

nissanman wrote:You need to set your air/fuel ratio. The adjustment screw is a brass, slotted screw on the carb... behind the finger screw for the idle. If you take your seat bucket out you'll see it real easy. Mine would die at low rpm's too until I found that friggin screw :x
Yep, I agree it definately sounds like an air/fuel mixture problem. It's an easy fix but if you aren't comfortable with toying with stuff run it by your dealer. Good luck!
"Hey Little Buddy" - Jonas Grumby
jyro

Post by jyro »

thanks for the help. to adjust the air/fuel mixture do you turn the screw one way until the idle starts to drop then turn it the other way until the idle starts to drop, then set it in the middle of those two points?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

I'd screw the air mixture all the way in (clockwise) then start to back it off to add air into the mixture. Do it while running, maybe blip the throttle to make sure it doesn't bog too much then road test it. You can get to the screw with the seat on, it's just a wee bit more difficult.
EZPZ #65