POC Rally\Lake Erie Loop June 6th-8th who's going?

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

cccous

POC Rally\Lake Erie Loop June 6th-8th who's going?

Post by cccous »

Pride Of Cleveland Scooter Club will be presenting our annual scooter rally in conjunction with the Lake Erie Loop (run round Lake Erie) and the Murar-Neelsen Pediatric Burn Fund.

http://www.claremar.com/
http://www.lakeerieloop.com

Pride Of Cleveland - Lake Erie Loop
Date: Jun. 6th,2008 - Jun. 8th, 2008
contact email: pocphil@sbcglobal.net
for info contact: Phil Waters / Renae Scherff 216-227-1964

Cost:
Camping- $25.00 per site (paid @ gate)
Food- $10.00 total for Friday/Saturday dinner, and Saturday/Sunday breakfast. Price also includes access to the large aluminum can of adult beverage.
T-shirts- $10.00
There will also be some other free swag courtesy of the POC Scooter Shop, and the fine folks at Kymco Scooters.

Friday night - Meet n' Greet at the campsite. Burgers, dogs, and other dinner fare will begin after 6:30 p.m. until you can eat no more. Lake Erie Loopers will be putting the final touches on their race machines as others stand around in awe. Early June camping can be chilly, so bring a tent, warm sleeping bag, and a friend.

Saturday Morning - See off the racers, the Lake Erie Loop launches at 6AM and you won't want to miss the excitement of folks racing off in the early morning fog. A leisurely breakfast will be served shortly after until you can eat no more.

Saturday Daytime - Scooter Tour/Mini Loop:

We will leave ClareMar at 9:30 am (or so) and ride to Mansfield where we will grab an early lunch (about 11:00am). From there, we will ride to the Mansfield Reformatory (where the Shawshank Redemption was filmed) and take a one hour tour of the Penitentiary (tour is $8 for those interested.)

After the tour we will head north to Norwalk for ice cream at Vargo's Food & Fun and we'll also gas up.

Only a few minutes away is Thomas Edison's birthplace. Although the museum is closed, we'll stop by for photos.

We'll then head over to Oberlin College. There's a free exhibit of 150 photographs by Andy Warhol. We'll spend a leisurely hour or so before heading back to the campground.

Bring Your Cameras!

Saturday PM - BBQ / Cookout (until you can eat no more) and Gymkhana (scooter obstacle course) and other scooter skill events.

Saturday Evening - Welcome returning competitors and hear stories from the race.

Sunday Morning - Breakfast (until you can eat no more), and awards for Lake Erie Loopers (as well as welcoming back the 50cc class).

Pack up and head home, or stick around and enjoy the campgrounds. Clare-Mar is a beautiful place to simply hang out and enjoy the weather.
runtotorun121

Post by runtotorun121 »

This is my kind of scooter rally. :) Compared to some of the others I have seen it looks like they have fun things planned without going to bars, and the Scoot Tour is sans alcohol (I did notice the aluminum adult beverage can at the campground, but hopefully there will be no daredevil riding around the sleeping bags :wink:)

Kudos to the organizers! :) This is exactly the kind of event I would love to be a part of. Wish it was a little closer and I knew about it sooner, but hopefully we can attend next year! Thanks for making me aware of another event that is out there.
~Celebrate~