Buddy Sighting in Cincinnati

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lobsterman

Buddy Sighting in Cincinnati

Post by lobsterman »

I was taking my daughter to rehearsal tonight for Cincinnati Children's Choir at UC, and saw two Buddys. One was black, parked near the athletic fields on Corry. The other was an orange one parked on Calhoun (I think) right around the corner as we were headed home.

They are the first I have seen "in the wild" since I learned of the Buddy, and I saw them both tonight.

I pointed them out to my wife (I was excited), she said "you'll be in the club soon dear". I'll pick up my Buddy on Friday!
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Nice! 8)

Congrats on your Friday appointment @ Metro Scooters, I'm sure you will enjoy it and the weather should be very nice too!

Soon you'll be 'in the wild' with them and a lot of others...

So, what color did you pick?

Seth & David will get you hooked up with 'the club'.

Enjoy!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250
http://www.blainekelley.com/scooters.html

orange is good ... except in the NFL!
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

I've seen the orange one on Calhoun a few times, (by the bike rack almost to the end of the block) but not the black one. I have no idea who either of those belong to though. Did the black one have a white seat? I know that there's at least one of those running around.
blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

Just noticed your ID states it is orange ...

Nice. Who Dey?!
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250

blurblaine

Post by blurblaine »

FYI -

The 'Nati-based black Buddy with the white seat + grips belongs to 'SteMer' - who you can look up in the memberlist of this forum.
Blaine

The 'Nati
Blur 150
Sym RV250

James Tate

Post by James Tate »

The orange Buddy, now with a trimmed-down windshield, belongs to James Tate. I started at UC College of Law in August and will be parking cheap in the Calhoun motorcycle lot damn near every day for the next three years. Parking the Buddy saves me $500 a year and fifteen minutes a day, as long as I don't need treatment for hypothermia this winter.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

I'm the one with the white seat - but that wasn't me at UC. I've only been commuting in the Norwood/Oakley area as of late. Thursday afternoons you can catch me cruising to Price Hill and back through downtown.

Blur - we need to ride soon before it gets too cold. And go to bed - you're up too late! Or are you watching baseball too?

Lobster - we'll have to ride also, once you get yours. Congrats! And if you're wife is helping Stacy with coffee one of these Friday mornings, would like to say "hi." Also, on the XYL website, there's a thread for "scooter spottings" in the Cinti area.

Lager - if it's not pouring and you're at Metro tomorrow, I may make my initial XYL appearance. Looking forward to finally meeting a few of the gang.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I had no idea we'd so readily identify the owner of one of the scooters I saw tonight. James Tate, we'll be at choir rehersals every Tuesday night, maybe my wife and I can buy a struggling law student a heavily caffeinated beverage sometime.

The orange has nothing to do with the Bengals. I am a NJ transplant, only here in Cincinnati for four years so far, and not much into pro football anyway. I understand they're pretty good now, but wouldn't choose the Buddy color for them.

I went with the orange Buddy as a compromise with my wife.

I wanted a black one, she wants me to survive. To her that means I be as visible as possible. Since I wouldn't accept pink, orange it is. Since we couldn't find a helmet with flashing neon lights, I got a silver one with a reflective sticker from Seth that says something about doctors and paralysis. Seth said the gist of the text was "dark" but it will help people see me.

I am looking forward to meeting and riding with all of you. :)

SteMer - I'll tell my wife to make sure she says hello next time she's there. Where do you go in Price Hill on Thursdays? I live on Covedale Ave so you may be right in my neighborhood.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Man... there are a lot of us 'Nati folks here, eh? :lol:

I saw a couple riding 2-up on an Orange Buddy right by the Hyde Park Plaza on Monday. I think that may have been the same one I saw parked in Oakley a while ago...

Steve, I'm surprised we haven't run into each other since the initial meeting at Metro.
Huh? What just happened?
Ajax

Add another Cincy Buddy

Post by Ajax »

Add another Cincy buddy to the ranks. My buddy is black and rarely gets further south than Blue Ash. See you on the streets.
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

I am on mine practically everyday commuting to work. I have been coming from Amelia to downtown.

I have yet to see another Buddy on the road in Cincinnati.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I will be commuting downtown with my Buddy as well.

Where do you park yours?
mybuddy

Post by mybuddy »

I am actually in Mt Adams. Our building has a parking garage that I park in. We are right across from the Greyhound bus station.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

I ride from Oakley to OTR...

Once in the AM, then back home to let the dogs out at lunch, then back to work, and then back home in the PM.

I usually see a few other scoots during the week, but rarely spot any other Buddies. :?
Huh? What just happened?
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I just got back inside from scoping out where I'll park my Buddy downtown. It will be at 4th & Elm under Tower Place Parking garage, there's a big wide sidewalk there where people park motorcycles, it's out of the view of pedestrians and it's covered.

On my way back into the Carew Tower, I was nearly run down by a guy with no helmet pulling his scooter (maybe a Laser?) into a parking garage ramp off of Race Street under the Tower. He had a look on his face like I should have gotten out of his way. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought pedestrian's had the right of way in Cincinnati.
ctrent

Post by ctrent »

i feel like i can't turn around in cincy without seeing a buddy
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

lobsterman wrote:Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought pedestrian's had the right of way in Cincinnati.
Whomever is angrier seems to have the RoW here in the 'Nati. :lol: :roll:
Huh? What just happened?
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

My experience has been that people here are generally a lot more polite than in NJ, both in person and on the road.

Wierd thing for me too - people waiting for the light to cross the street. Refusing to jaywalk is a punishable offense in NJ.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Fun to meet some of my fellow Buddy riders tonight at Metro. Sorry I missed you, Chris. Seth said you might be coming. I had to leave just before 7.