Cannonball Blur chuggin along

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Shellee

Cannonball Blur chuggin along

Post by Shellee »

Is anyone following John's Cannonball blog?

http://cannonballblog2006.blogspot.com/

It sounds like the Blur is up to the task so far! (and John too!) Two more days and they'll be riding up to the finish line in New Jersey.

We're pulling for ya John! :clap:
~ Shellee
Genuine Buddy 170
www.scooterdiva.com
jess

Post by jess »

I've been following it. Sad about dc_rob and Heytens, but glad John is still in the race.
smorris

Post by smorris »

Sometime early this afternoon they will be rolling into Cleveland, finishing at POC on W 25th.

The route has them coming in from the west, through Milan, east on Rt 113, through Elyria, then 113/20 and then 113/20/6 through the western suburbs to POC.

Tomorrow they will be leaving POC at 1:00 PM, heading east more or less along US 20.

Here are detailed route maps: http://www.scootercannonball.com/

I plan to stop on a corner here near my house (just a couple miles north of where US 20 passes through North Ridgeville) and take photos, and then try to ride along with John on to POC. I don't know if I'll make it tomorrow for the departure.

Maybe I'll see some of you Clevelanders out there?
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ____ 2006 Vespa LX150 ____ 1965 Vespa 180 SS
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ____ 1958 MGA Roadster
ellen

Post by ellen »

RUN JOHN, RUN!!!!!! Image

See you on Monday!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Ellen and Shellee, Thank You a bunch for coming out to cheer me in to Scooters Originali! I had no idea you all would stay and wait so late for me to arrive. I really appreciated it. I'm sorry that I was so buzzed when I got there that I wasn't able to conduct much of a conversation. After 13 or 14 hours in the saddle of a scooter, it took a good solid hour every night for me to stop vibrating and return to normalcy. Anyway, I want you to know that I totally appreciated you all being there at the finish line.

Thanks so much for the well wishes, everybody!
smorris

Post by smorris »

Welcome back, John! So sorry to have missed you west of Cleveland.

Glad all went well. Two more years!

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ____ 2006 Vespa LX150 ____ 1965 Vespa 180 SS
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ____ 1958 MGA Roadster
jess

Post by jess »

Yay, John! We are, of course, expecting a full debriefing here at some point. ;)
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

Hi John,

I just purchase the Blur 150 to today I would like to know where did you get the (Rack) for the trunk? I would like to buy one for my Blur.

Thanks,
Don
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

RunRun wrote:Hi John,

I just purchase the Blur 150 to today I would like to know where did you get the (Rack) for the trunk? I would like to buy one for my Blur.
Don,

Genuine provided it for me. That's the rack and case shown in the Blur brochure on the Genuine web site. I assume, therefore that they are available or will be soon. Have you asked your dealer?
Last edited by jrsjr on Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ellen

Post by ellen »

jrsjr wrote: Have you asked your dealer?
Just hope they don't say they will have them in 2 weeks :)

Post by 360 »

jrsjr wrote: Genuine provided it for me. That's the rack and case shown in the Blur brochure on the Genuine web site. I assume, therefore that they are available or will be soon. Have you asked your dealer?
Hey John, is it something that can be attached and taken off relatively easy? I'd like it when the occassion calls, but not necessarily have it on all the time.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

360 wrote:Hey John, is it something that can be attached and taken off relatively easy? I'd like it when the occassion calls, but not necessarily have it on all the time.
Well, the quick and dirty way to do it would be to take off the whole assembly (including the orange factory rack) as one piece. You only have to take off three allen head screws to do that, but you may neen pneumatic assistance the first time you go to break those screws loose. Whew!
RunRun

Post by RunRun »

jrsjr wrote:
RunRun wrote:Hi John,

Don,

Genuine provided it for me. That's the rack and case shown in the Blur brochure on the Genuine web site. I assume, therefore that they are available or will be soon. Have you asked your dealer?

I checked with my dealer in San Francisco Barry don't have them right now, but he do have them on order. I thought they might be availably in another state.

I guess I’ll have to be patient and wait like everyone else until the dealers get them.

Aslo do you have any picture from the cannonball run posted yet? It would be nice the see them like you said in one of your post before (picture is worth a thousand words) :-).

Thanks
Don
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

RunRun wrote:Aslo do you have any picture from the cannonball run posted yet? It would be nice the see them like you said in one of your post before (picture is worth a thousand words)
Don,

I don't know if you are aware of the common internet repository of scooter event photos, scoot.net When you go to the scoot.net page, you'll see a list of recent events. Click on one of those and you'll see a list of contributors who posted their pix and how many each contributor posted. It's been a while since the Cannonball so our pix have fallen off the front page, so you'll have to page down and click on the "Photo Gallery" link. This year's Cannonball pix are archived there. Alas, I personally did not take a camera.