sidecar fun [NBC]

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

vitaminC

sidecar fun [NBC]

Post by vitaminC »

There is an article in today's LA Time about riding a Ural motorcycle with side-car that is pretty good. Everytime I go to a motorcycle show I drool over these, but so far haven't had the extra $$ or space to aquire one Talk about your ultimate "old skool" ride! :mrgreen:

AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Wow... sweet, but as you noted, not cheap!
Huh? What just happened?
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Even better...
Attachments
moo
moo
laubenstein-cow.jpg (23.1 KiB) Viewed 916 times
Melody

Post by Melody »

I was out for a ride a couple weeks back and I ended up behind a RED Stella fully equipped with a side car.

The Stella driver was a woman with long red hair just blowing in the Seattle wind. In the side car...two little kids, both sporting black helmets with red/orange/yellow flames.

I just kept thinking about how cool those kids must have felt...I mean their mom (I assume) was clearly a bad ass!

Warmed my heart.
Peace and Love
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Susan Carpenter also wrote this story on scooters for the LAT a while ago. I was disappointed in her choice of covering only 250cc and bigger scoots. We should all write her and ask her to do a story on 125/150cc scooter, which (purely from my observations while riding) are much more popular for LA area commuters.

I have a lot of friends at the Times; I'll hunt down her email and share it. Reporters LOVE that! :)
GatsbyGirl

Post by GatsbyGirl »

ericalm wrote:I have a lot of friends at the Times; I'll hunt down her email and share it. Reporters LOVE that! :)
Indeed we do. In fact, it's the best way to get us to NOT write about something. :P
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

ericalm wrote: I have a lot of friends at the Times; I'll hunt down her email and share it. Reporters LOVE that! :)
No work required! :wink:

Contact Susan Carpenter at susan.carpenter@latimes.com
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

vitaminC wrote:
ericalm wrote: I have a lot of friends at the Times; I'll hunt down her email and share it. Reporters LOVE that! :)
No work required! :wink:

Contact Susan Carpenter at susan.carpenter@latimes.com
Bwah ha ha. Let's get writing!
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

I am very glad this guy is located on the east coast- keeps me from doing anything I might regret! :lol: