Buddy Accessories!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jess

Buddy Accessories!

Post by jess »

Just noticed that Genuine has posted a Buddy brochure, which includes some new photos of the scooter itself plus accessories. Check it out.
Attachments
buddy-accessories.jpg
buddy-accessories.jpg (39.57 KiB) Viewed 5402 times
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Coolio! I want an orange one with the rear rack to mount a milkcrate.
paige

Post by paige »

I bought the milkcrate today, on the way home from the showroom. :wink:
SCOOTINPINK

buddy accessories

Post by SCOOTINPINK »

Thanks for this post. I have been searching the web trying to find out when they will be pushing out after market parts for my scooter.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

paige wrote:I bought the milkcrate today, on the way home from the showroom. :wink:
Hahaha! I dare you to post a picture of it mounted on your Buddy!
paige

Post by paige »

I still need the the OEM rack to mount it to. :( No instant gratification for me.
lets_not_listen

Post by lets_not_listen »

where exactly does on purchase a milkcrate?
-lnl
paige

Post by paige »

Lazy people like me go to The Container Store (containerstore.com) and buy a new clean one for $9.99. black, white, blue ,red and some other color. No orange. :( I got a bag of zip ties ready to go!
smorris

Post by smorris »

lets_not_listen wrote:where exactly does on purchase a milkcrate?
The best ones come from behind places like Dairy Mart, 7-11, etc, late at night. They come in crazy colors, have cool advertising on them, and are usually more heavy duty than the "home use" variety. All my camping gear is stored in them in the garage. ;)
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 ____ 2006 Vespa LX150 ____ 1965 Vespa 180 SS
2002 Subaru WRX Wagon ____ 1958 MGA Roadster
jess

Post by jess »

smorris wrote:The best ones come from behind places like Dairy Mart, 7-11, etc, late at night. They come in crazy colors, have cool advertising on them, and are usually more heavy duty than the "home use" variety. All my camping gear is stored in them in the garage. ;)
:shock: :wink:
smorris

Post by smorris »

jess wrote: :shock: :wink:
And you thought I was just a pedestrian old man. :roll:

Better yet, is that I'd pull up behind the places, and my reserved wife Deb (Weedpicker on Urban Scootin, for those of you cross foruming) would hop out a grab 'em, thowing them in the back. :twisted:

(Not that I would condone such activity. But considering that the dumpsters are out there, and the milk crates *look* like they may have fallen off of one, and since I am advertising for them by using them...)
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

Shellee

Post by Shellee »

I've also seen milk crates (they call them storage crates) at Staples. They come in several different colors.

~ Shellee
lets_not_listen

Post by lets_not_listen »

ah, so that's why i see all those scooters darting behind white hen....
-lnl
Javarod

Post by Javarod »

smorris wrote:
lets_not_listen wrote:where exactly does on purchase a milkcrate?
The best ones come from behind places like Dairy Mart, 7-11, etc, late at night. They come in crazy colors, have cool advertising on them, and are usually more heavy duty than the "home use" variety. All my camping gear is stored in them in the garage. ;)
Laughs, "Sounds like one of my moves where all my stuff was carried in these nice totes with a drug company's name on them... I seem to remember them falling off a loading dock into my truck." :wink:
Javarod
G! Buckleshoe
crackhead

Post by crackhead »

That topcase looks exactly, I mean EXACTLY like the ones available from Piaggio for the ET4. My guess is they are using the same manufacturer.
jess

Post by jess »

crackhead wrote:That topcase looks exactly, I mean EXACTLY like the ones available from Piaggio for the ET4. My guess is they are using the same manufacturer.
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw the brochure. My wife and I both said "ET4!" at the same time.
Javarod

Post by Javarod »

I'm quite fond of the front basket, a useful way to carry things on a scooter that's just not possible on a plastic bodied scooter. Unless of course the manufacturer plans for it like here, something that's a bit of a surprise considering how people in other countries use their scooters.
Javarod
G! Buckleshoe
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

Where are those accessories available?
Any on-line dealers?
ChicagoMatt

Post by ChicagoMatt »

I think the accessories aren't yet available, but Scooterworks in Chicago would know for sure.
ebc3

Post by ebc3 »

I really like that front basket, ebc3.
LDB

Post by LDB »

I like the milk crate idea but instead of zip ties I was thinking of velcro straps so it could easily be removed when not needed. A padlock through the crate and around the rack would keep it from being carried off when stopped somewhere.
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
xkennx

Post by xkennx »

Beamie wrote:Where are those accessories available?
Any on-line dealers?
They are air-shipping a batch of accessories in to send to the dealers. A large container is coming later.
06 Gen Scooters Buddy 125 (sold)
05 Gen Scooters Stella w/sidecar (sold)
05 Vespa ET8
80 Vespa P200 w/ Polini 208
80 Vespa P200 w/ Malossi 210
74 Vespa Sprint 125
74 Vespa Primaveria 125 (broke)
56 Labretta LD 125 (sold)
JerryG

Post by JerryG »

The basket is great. Toto would fit in there real comfy. It probably comes with a "no Pets" sticker though. :livid:
Scoot On!

Jerry
Beamie

Post by Beamie »

JerryG wrote:The basket is great. Toto would fit in there real comfy. It probably comes with a "no Pets" sticker though. :livid:
Funny you mentioned that.
A new Vespa I looked at in the dealer showroom had a "No Pets" sticker in the under-seat compartment.
smorris

Post by smorris »

Beamie wrote:
JerryG wrote:The basket is great. Toto would fit in there real comfy. It probably comes with a "no Pets" sticker though. :livid:
Funny you mentioned that.
A new Vespa I looked at in the dealer showroom had a "No Pets" sticker in the under-seat compartment.
I think that's what Jerry was commenting on, tongue in cheek. ;) We had a whole thread of photos over on MV of pets in the Pet Carrier (our affectionate name for the under seat compartment. :D )
Steve - Avon, Ohio
The Morris Garage

jess

Post by jess »

smorris wrote:We had a whole thread of photos over on MV of pets in the Pet Carrier (our affectionate name for the under seat compartment. :D )
That's the Heated Pet Carrier, technically speaking.
Scootin_in_MS

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

I e-mailed Genuine Scooter and asked about accessories and other colors. Here is the reply I received from Brett:
Jody:

Thank you for the email.

We are now offering the Buddy 125 and 50 in "Cream," which looks really nice. The accessories are in production and hopefully will be available in July.

I really appreciate your interest in the Buddy and hope you are having a great week!

Brett Ratner
Genuine Scooters Dealer Development
877.MY.STELLA

I wonder what the cream looks like. I might hold off buying a black one, and get a cream one instead. I'll e-mail him and ask...

Update (10 minutes after receiving above e-mail) I asked:
Are there any pictures of the cream ones? I would be very interested in one in that color. Is the seat brown or black? Brown would be very nice...
Brett responded (10 minutes after getting my e-mail) (I like this company - they are very prompt in replying):
It comes with a black seat, but replacing it with a brown would be really inexpensive. If you wanted to go nuts you could replace the grips and all the plastic in the footwell with brown.

No pix yet, but I guarantee you'll like the color.

Brett Ratner
877.MY.STELLA
Oooohhhhh...I want a cream one...

Jody
LDB

Post by LDB »

I like the black rack. I bet that would look fantastic on an orange Buddy. I don't know why companies don't offer more black racks etc. because on some colors they would be exponentially better than chrome.
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I wonder when extras like replacement panels and seats will be available? it would be cool to mix and match panels, so you can have a black and cream Buddy, or black and orange, or for the very daring, orange and pink. :-) Or a creamsicle - orange and cream!
Scootin_in_MS

Regarding Cream-colored Buddy

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

Regarding Cream-Colored Buddies:
We start shipping them to dealers on Monday :-)

Brett Ratner
877.MY.STELLA

Woohoo!!!

Jody
lotte

Post by lotte »

Hurrah! I was starting to dismiss it as a rumor, since I couldn't remember where I heard it first!

A cream Buddy with brown seat, handles and footwell plastic will be beautiful....
Scootin_in_MS

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

Well almost. The cream will have a black seat and whatnot, but you can replace them.

Jody
aeropt

Accessories

Post by aeropt »

I have had my pink Buddy for a little over 2 weeks now and my dealer in Kansas City told me that he'll have the accessories in stock sometime this coming week. (6/26-6/30)