Anyone have a warranty claim denied?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KidDynomite

Anyone have a warranty claim denied?

Post by KidDynomite »

I've been religious about my oil changes and such, but last month, my engine seized up (at 12,000 miles).

Took it to my dealer. Finally called them this past Saturday to check on it and they told me they're waiting to hear back from Genuine whether or not they are going to honor the warranty.

1) I haven't made any mods to the engine at all.

2) I've been on top of oil changes and have gone through about 7 oil filters over the 12,000 miles.

3) My purchase was August 31, 2006 so the two years is NOT up yet.

I don't see how it would even be in question. I'm concerned about the reputation of Genuine as I will certainly take this to any and all consumer advocate groups interested. With the never ending rise in gas prices and the obvious growing market for scooters, this isn't what we want to hear.

Interested if anyone else has experiences to share regarding their warranty claims to Genuine.

Thanks,
Brian
You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm a loner Dottie, a REBEL.
docutech

Post by docutech »

Why wouldn't they cover it? Clearly you've done what is necessary to maintain the scooter so coverage should not be an issue. Now, if you've modified it in any way or neglected the scheduled maintenance, then yes, warranty coverage could be denied. I am sure they will take care of you!
sotied

Post by sotied »

Take into account that I'm less than a week old as a Buddy owner, but the conversations I had with the dealer I was buying from covered the four or five machines they've had issues with in the two years they've been selling Buddys and other Genuine scoots.

They led me to believe that Genuine is all about customer satisfaction and doing the right thing.

That fact, the warranty itself, and the hot Tangerine color and ballsy engine sold me on the Buddy 125 that I've been on repeatedly since last week.

I hope all turns out OK. Keep us informed.
Jeff • #2163
Scooter Photo Scavenger Hunter (see Gallery!)
http://www.jeffcutler.com
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Don't assume the worst. I can't blame them forwanting tocheck out the claim. I ran into a Genuine rep at a local shop one time, he told me about a dealer that had called in with a claim on a Buddy with 14,000 miles on it. The dealer didn't think it would be covered because of the high miles. It was within the warrente period...Genuine covered it.

Genuine likes having the reputation thatpeople buy their scooters to RIDE. Not a few hundred miles a year like many "higher end" scooters get but as a daily commuter.

Let us know how it goes and when they cover it give em praise!

WHY RED IS RED!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

Let us know why the engine seized up. 12K doesn't sound that high.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

They're not questioning you. It could be that the shops have to get approval from Genuine on all warranty claims in advance—or maybe just something of this nature because it'll be a big claim.

Do they know the cause of the problem yet? What happened?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

If the root of the problem is known yet, it hasn't been passed on to me, but I did get a call from my dealer and was told the claim would be covered.

I couldn't make out the voice mail very well, so I'm not sure if Mike said they were going to do or what the timeframe would be. Howver, I did understand they needed to break it down to determine the cause of the problem. I'll give them a call early next week to find out more.

The nice thing is my dealer and Genuine are backing up what I was told when I made the purchase. I love my scooter and can't wait to get back up and running on it.

I hate you gas prices!!! :evil:
docutech

Post by docutech »

Great news!:D

Not so great news that you will have to drive your car for a week or two :cry:

I am curious as well as to the cause of the engine seize up.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I had a problem long, long ago and poc dealer and genuine were 100% behind their claims. Phil from Genuine even contacted me personally. I do not think anyone needs to worry about their warrenty
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Ok, so now I'm getting freaking peeved. My dealer has had my scoot for two days over two months now and they can't even give me any time frame for the repair. They told me they were waiting for a crank-shaft (on backorder), now they say they're waiting for a piston assembly (on backorder).

I'm not sure if they're getting one part then realizing they need another and then ordering that one or if I'm just getting the runaround. Up until now, I've been very happy with my Buddy, but having missed two prime riding months already, paying $4.00 a gallon to drive my 15MPG Ford truck, and just not getting the enjoy the fun of riding a scoot is starting to wear on me.

Does this seem rare or out of line with anyone else's experience?

I'm guessing my next step is to call Genuine and see what's up. The want to rebuild the engine, but shouldn't they hold back parts for such repairs? Wouldn't it have been easier just to have an rotating inventory of rebuilt engines they could just swap these cases out with?

I could have freaking learned how to do it and then in turn actually done it by now it seems.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

docutech wrote:Great news!:D

Not so great news that you will have to drive your car for a week or two :cry:

I am curious as well as to the cause of the engine seize up.
I only wish it was a week or two. It's been two months now and no end in sight.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Bump!

Just keeping this near the top until I get my scoot back. It's been over two months now and still no idea when it'll be repaired. Some warranty.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Yes, please keep us posted. This sounds like a terrible situation for you. I want to know once and for all how good the warranty really is.
fiver1971

Post by fiver1971 »

2 months for a factory warranty covered service seemes EXTREMELY excessive to me. I'd be frustrated. Genuine has been making a great name for their company with the increased scooter sales this year. I'd love to see them come through and validate that the 2-year means that your scooter will be serviced/fixed in a timely manner if something happens to it within the first 2 years.
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

Maybe the 2 year warranty is just that...

Takes 2 years to have warranty claims fixed...

Hang in there, at least they are authorizing the repair. I had an early production 350Z from Nissan, and if you look into them at all, you would see they had absolutely horrendous transmission problems with both the automatics and manuals. The gearboxes just couldnt handle the stock engine power output. I went thru 2 failed transmission, just driving back and forth to work, with almost exactly 8k miles between failures. When the second one failed around 16k miles, i got the runaround. Nissan did everything they could do to prevent my getting another transmission. No warranty claim was ever denied the second time, cause they could never "find" a problem (it would only start to slip and fail after warming up and being driven around for more than 10 minutes, they took it around the block on cold start for like 2) Anyways, I took my damn near $40k shitbox of a nissan up the road to the Subaru dealer, got myself a really nice fully loaded end of year WRX, traded in the POS and called it a day. Havent had one bit of trouble with my WRX, and doubt I will ever shop with Nissan again after my experience. A customer just shouldnt be treated that way, whether its a $3k scooter or a $40k car. You are right and well to be pissed about your situation, and have FAR more patience than most would to not be raising hell for them to just give you a new motor or whole new scooter by now. This just does not show well for Genuine as a company to leave their customer out to dry like this. Alix breaks down and gets a new motor within days, why shouldnt you? Theres nothing different between Alix's scooter and yours. And no, I dont care if Alix is a nobody, a representative of the company, or the OWNER of the company. Warranty issues should be treated equally for everyone that has a warranty.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

GFridrich3 wrote:Alix breaks down and gets a new motor within days, why shouldnt you? Theres nothing different between Alix's scooter and yours. And no, I dont care if Alix is a nobody, a representative of the company, or the OWNER of the company. Warranty issues should be treated equally for everyone that has a warranty.
I'll admit I haven't been as active on the Modern Buddy website as I was the first year, is Alix a real person and where can I educate myself on his situatioin? This is why I've posted this thread to compare and make sure I'm getting taken care of properly.

Thanks,
Brian
olhogrider

Post by olhogrider »

Alix is a real person and her ride for peace is sponsored by Genuine. I think they actually own the scooter so it is in their best interest to fix it fast. In any case, 2 months is too long. You might even fall under your state's "lemon law". Good Luck.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

This must be a problem in the industry. I hear lots of people waiting over 6 month for parts from Piaggio\Vespa.

I'm not making excuses for Genuine. I believe they should stock parts state-side instead of waiting for PGO to send a boat from Taiwan as they have a need.

You never hear about a Japanese motorcycle maker ever having making their customers wait more than a couple of weeks at most.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

I am obviously new here and I am loving my new St Tropez 150 Buddy Pepe. I am sorry to hear about your wait and sincerely hope your repair is completed soon. I am happy to hear they are going to cover the repair under warranty which reinforces my belief that Genuine is doing all they can to continue providing good customer service.
Having said that I would like to posit some views from a company side perspective to hopefully provide additional insights as to why you are probabley having to wait for your engine parts. We all know that Genuine is itself a small company that, like many scooter companies I am supposing, has found itself very suddenly overwhelmed by the surge in demand for their scooters. This surge in demand is transfered to the manufacturing locations that Genuine gets their scooters from, PGO IIRC. The manufacturing plant now is presumably ramping up production to its capacity in an attempt to meet the demand. This means that their focus is going to be on churning out complete scooters to sell to new customers and that means that parts production will suffer. All available parts production you see is going to go towards assembly of new scooters. A responsible manufactuerer will still make sure that a certain percentage of parts goes towards replacement and repair parts. Indeed a smart manufacturer will make sure parts get out since parts is a much better return on investment than the actual whole scooter. PGO may be doing that and those parts might just be getting used up in general repair. Remember the Buddy line is exclusive to the US in name only. The actual model is sold in many parts of the world as I understand.
As far as keeping a stockpile of replacement parts especially whole engines not many companies can afford to sink a whole bunch of capital into warehousing parts. There is the tied up capital that the part itself costs and the costs associated with storing those parts. I have no doubt that Genuine had a small amount of parts stored to supply and each dealership I am also certain stocks the most commonly needed items. Parts like engines and parts like the piston head or cam shaft are not, hopefully anyway, needed all that often and as such are not stocked in any large amounts. Saying that a company Genuines size has to decide what parts to stock and how many of those to stock as again I am sure they do not, or did not before the glut of demand, have the capital to stock every part in ample supply. Doing so would put a strain on large well established companies and is fiscaly impossible for smaller companies. There are many other possible reasons for your wait as well but I feel I have gone on too long already. One thing that Genuine clearly needs to do and soon is to enlarge their staff. Otherwise communication with the dealers and their customers will break down further and this will quickly bring a bad customer service reputation with it. I have always felt that good clear and truthful communication is the first key step in great customer service. It certainlyh isn't the only one but it is of utmost importance. Again I truely hope your wait for your repairs will soon be over. I feel confident that Genuine is doing what it can to get your parts to your dealership. Please keep us apprised so we can keep tabs on how Genuine is doing.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

This is how good businesses go bad. A victim of their own success. Whether or not Genuine is a small company, they should have a plan to deal with warranty issues. If they do not have the financial means to keep a reasonable stock of parts state-side, maybe they should consider staying small and not expand their market to a size that they cannot service it.

Unfortunately, many companies get so caught up in sell-sell-sell they forget service. If they mess around too much with parts, dealers and customers will both get frustrated. They get a bad rep. Dealers will be less inclined to push their product = less sales = less profit.
The scenery only changes for the lead scooterist.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

Genuine IS hiring... I would apply but I am in Seattle. :(
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

pcbikedude wrote:This is how good businesses go bad. A victim of their own success. Whether or not Genuine is a small company, they should have a plan to deal with warranty issues. If they do not have the financial means to keep a reasonable stock of parts state-side, maybe they should consider staying small and not expand their market to a size that they cannot service it.

Unfortunately, many companies get so caught up in sell-sell-sell they forget service. If they mess around too much with parts, dealers and customers will both get frustrated. They get a bad rep. Dealers will be less inclined to push their product = less sales = less profit.
I think you're on to what's happening with Genuine, though I don't think it's an intentional strategy.

There are definite signs of selling more than they can support, but I think it's due to the "scooter boom" more than anything. And what company WOULDN'T sell as many as they can?

It would be nice for the people dealing with these claims to get some word from Genuine about this. I still think the best route to make noise is your dealer. If the dealers start barking at Genuine that they are going to drop the line if they can't get service, that will speak loudly.
djelliott

Post by djelliott »

GFridrich3 wrote: Alix breaks down and gets a new motor within days, why shouldnt you? Theres nothing different between Alix's scooter and yours. And no, I dont care if Alix is a nobody, a representative of the company, or the OWNER of the company. Warranty issues should be treated equally for everyone that has a warranty.
Whoa! Let's keep the facts straight. Alix did not need a new motor, just a new clutch. That's a huge difference. Especially when parts are in scarce supply.

DJE
Prima pipe
UNI filter
125 Main Jet
2000RPM Stall Spring
1500RPM Clutch Springs
Dr. Pulley Variator with 11 Gram Sliders
NCY Front Forks
Prima/NCY 161cc Big Bore kit With 150 Head
KS Power GY6 Performance Springs
NCY Secondary Shieve
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

I deleted this because I'm really trying to be sensible.
Last edited by DennisD on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

GFridrich3 wrote: Alix breaks down and gets a new motor within days, why shouldnt you?

:headache: I wonder just how far out of shape this thing can get twisted before...
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Bump.

Still no word from my dealer. I am going to go there in person this evening and see what I can learn. If I don't get some clear answers, I'll be on the phone all day with Genuine if that's what it takes. I'm beyond patient, I'm starting to really get steamed about it.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

KidDynomite wrote:Bump.

Still no word from my dealer. I am going to go there in person this evening and see what I can learn. If I don't get some clear answers, I'll be on the phone all day with Genuine if that's what it takes. I'm beyond patient, I'm starting to really get steamed about it.
You might consider contacting the Missouri State Consumer Affairs office if you get yanked around anymore. Or even your local TV news channel if they do consumer problem solver segments.
n00b4life

Post by n00b4life »

In the past, I have had success with a carefully worded certified letter, outlining the problem and the history so far and mentioning that I could take them to court and recover treble damages.

It has been a long time, but I think citing the Deceptive Trade Practices Act and the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, should get the point across.

Of course, ymmv, as Missouri adopted the Uniform Deceptive Trade Practices Act and Texas has its own. I do not know if Missouri awards treble damages. They do award punitive damages.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

k1dude wrote:You might consider contacting the Missouri State Consumer Affairs office if you get yanked around anymore. Or even your local TV news channel if they do consumer problem solver segments.
I live in Missouri, but bought it from the Genuine dealer on the Kansas side. I wonder who's jurisdiction it would be? Oh well. I'm off today and intend to go down in person and get an answer anyway.
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

Ironically, shortly after I posted my last post in this thread, I got a call from my dealer saying my scoot was done. They said they had been running it for a couple of days and everything checked out.

Here is a rundown of the good and the bad of the situation.

Good
1) Genuine repaired the engine per the warranty.

Bad
1) I was informed from my dealer that Genuine said they'd make no more repairs on this engine and that the warranty was no longer in effect.

Thought
1) WTF? I only have one more month left on the two years since purchase date, but what if this had happened in year one or worst yet, month three? I mean, is it a two year warranty or a one repair or two years whichever comes first warranty? :roll:

Good
2) My dealer called me to tell me my scooter was ready.

Bad
2) The repair slip had a repair date from 6 days prior. Last I had heard from them, they were still waiting on parts.

Thought
2) How long was my scooter done before they called me? Why didn't they communicate my parts were in and it would have saved me 5 days worth of grief and building attitude?

Good
3) My scooter got repaired.

Bad
3) It took over two months.

Thought
3) Why in the world isn't Genuine putting parts aside for break/fix situations? Why is EVERYTHING on backorder?

Good
4) I got my scooter back.

Bad
4) IT GOT FREAKING STOLEN LAST NIGHT!!!!! :evil: :cry:

Thought
4) What kind of Karma is this? I get my scoot back and it gets stolen in less than a week. I hadn't even gotten through the re-break-in stage. I hadn't even put 200 miles on it.

More to come about the stolen scoot in another thread, but here's my delima............Would/should I even dare buy another Genuine scoot to replace it with? Should I go back to the same dealer?

I mean ultimately, I love my Buddy and I've been pleased with my dealer for the most part--poor communication aside--but do I wanna go through this again? Should I just buy a small motorcycle or maybe another scooter like a Kymco or a vintage Vespa?
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

Un-freakin' believable.
n00b4life

Post by n00b4life »

Messed up.

:wtf:
Sumosamurai

Post by Sumosamurai »

Well, the dificulty with parts can be understood, the industry is going through one of its biggest booms in quite a while. On another note, about them not honoring their warranty, perhaps they recognized that your warranty was coming to an end in a month and thats what they meant? Could be totally out of the ballpark on that last one...
"Everybody wants to ride a buddy...Scooter"
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

Again sorry to hear about your scoot getting snatched that sucks!. I really hope you get it back.

In regards to the warranty no longer being in force this is common practice for the majority of warranty situations. If they replace a significant portion or a major component then most companies consider the warranty fulfilled and its null and void after that. This practice is why there is such a robust market for extended warranties. I am not saying I agree with the practice mind you just that having worked for a company that administered warranties for other companies I know this to be a common practice.
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

WHY RED IS RED!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That sucks dude... im sorry

get a CBR :twisted:
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I kind of have to wonder what must have transpired between Genuine and your dealer in all of this and if there was a problem there. I suspect this may be an issue in the few warranty problems we've heard about, as it's up to the dealer to make the claim and prove the issue is a warranty problem. I'm not blaming them or absolving anyone from blame, but it's clear just from what you've written, KD, that more went on here than we're aware of.

Do you have enough confidence in your dealer to purchase any kind of scoot from them again?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

Bad
1) I was informed from my dealer that Genuine said they'd make no more repairs on this engine and that the warranty was no longer in effect.
I absolutely hate to see this, it's just a bad sign. Did your dealer at least guarantee their repair work for 30 days? If not, the "opportunity" to cash in on your insurance may be a blessing in disguise.

Long waits for parts has always been routine for the motorcycle and scooter enthusiast, although your wait was truly excessive. Some dealers are beginning to see the light and stock more parts, especially as they see riders really depending on their bikes for daily transportation and not just fun. I'm very lucky to have very good dealer support for both my bikes and, if anything, it's actually improved over the past two years.

There's a pecking order of dealers unfortunately. Some are great, some less so. It all comes down to having a great dealer who has a strong relationship with the marques he supports.

I really hope things work out for you.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

While voiding a warranty after a "major" repair may be a matter of policy with some companies, I don't think they'd have a leg to stand on unless, and only unless they clearly spelled out the specific and individual terms under which they could exercise that option prior to the actual sale of the item.

Without a clear definition, who's to say what does or does not comprise a "major" repair? What's to stop an unscrupulous company from declaring something as simple as the replacement of a spark plug as grounds for warranty termination? Furthermore, what provision is made in the event that the "last repair under warranty" was poorly done, or made use of a defective part?

Sorry guys, but someone tries to pull that shinola on me without forewarning, and there's gonna be more than a little biomass impacting the circulating ventilation device.

Kid:

Sorry for all the angst you've had to endure. Here's hoping that the dealer left the brake lines a tad loose after that last repair session and that the perp discovers the problem at a busy railroad crossing.

-Charlie
Jake

Post by Jake »

Wow...that is just the worst.

My dealer was told by Genuine that my engine (being replaced under warranty, I'm one of the loose oil filter guys) should be delivered by this weekend. I'm going to lock mine up now, I think. And probably buy insurance.

Really sorry to hear such a crappy end to your story.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Jake wrote:My dealer was told by Genuine that my engine (being replaced under warranty, I'm one of the loose oil filter guys)
Is this really under warranty or is your dealer covering it because they changed the oil filter? Just curious!
KidDynomite

Post by KidDynomite »

ericalm wrote:I'm not blaming them or absolving anyone from blame, but it's clear just from what you've written, KD, that more went on here than we're aware of.
I totally agree. What I was officially told was that when they drained it, there was way too much oil in it and it was very thin. I told them it was impossible because I had just changed the oil and had fully drained it.

They said as best as they could tell, the "fuel pump" stuck open and flooded the engine with fuel, thining the oil, and causing the problem.

ericalm wrote:Do you have enough confidence in your dealer to purchase any kind of scoot from them again?
Not sure I have a choice if I want another Buddy. There is one other dealer in town, but I didn't even consider them because I couldn't really reasonably drive my scoot over to them. I have a lot to consider.

I know of a great motorcycle shop here in town--they work on race bikes--that is willing and able to work on scoots. If I ever have to have work done to a scoot again, that's where I'll go. In the end, I guess I could buy it from anyone and anywhere I'm willing to go pick it up at.

Right now, I'm just so burned. It wasn't parked in it's usual spot due to circumstances. I'm kicking myself because I feel really responsible. I can only guess that it would have never happened if it wasn't visible from a fairly busy road that runs perpendicular to mine.

Part of me wants to get right back into the fun, quick, nimble, ride that is the Buddy, part of me wants something slightly bigger (I'm 6'0"), and a tiny piece of me wants to just go without a scoot for now.

As far as I may be lucky, you're right. The dealer wasn't going to warrant their work and basically they said I was on my own. I just wanted to get my scoot back bit my tongue as I started to question this policy. I said, "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it."
gt1000

Post by gt1000 »

As far as I may be lucky, you're right. The dealer wasn't going to warrant their work and basically they said I was on my own. I just wanted to get my scoot back bit my tongue as I started to question this policy. I said, "I'll cross that bridge when I come to it."
That's what I was worried about. You'd like to think they're very good at what they do but after a major repair like that a minimal warranty on parts and/or labor would inspire a little more confidence. It's been a while since I've had major work done on a bike and I do know that warranties on these repairs vary and that shops are more prone to guarantee one or the other (parts or labor), but not both. Still, it's a serious run of bad luck for you. Oh, and I'm also talking about major work done on a bike who's original warranty had expired.

Like Ericalm said, there's more going on here than meets the eye. Too bad we'll probably never know...
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
Jake

Post by Jake »

ericalm wrote:
Jake wrote:My dealer was told by Genuine that my engine (being replaced under warranty, I'm one of the loose oil filter guys)
Is this really under warranty or is your dealer covering it because they changed the oil filter? Just curious!
The dealer I bought it from said to change the oil at 300ish miles, and I was at about 262. The dealer I brought it to isn't the dealer I bought it from, just the closest one. Genuine evidently has a "strict company policy not to warranty anything to do with the oil filter", so it seems like they might be making an exception for me. Imagine what that would be like, paying $3k for a scooter to have it break in 3 or 4 days, and then the warranty not be honored...yikes.
tmuren

what is the warranty exactly?

Post by tmuren »

This is my question- is there a document out there somewhere detailing the warranty? I would like to see it.
As a buddy owner with her scooter in the shop for the third time this summer (total of three weeks with no answer for stalling problem..) I would like to know if we are entitled a replacement while the scoots are in the shop.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

what model buddy do you have? 08 150? Is it the common vapor lock issue?
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: what is the warranty exactly?

Post by ericalm »

tmuren wrote:This is my question- is there a document out there somewhere detailing the warranty? I would like to see it.
As a buddy owner with her scooter in the shop for the third time this summer (total of three weeks with no answer for stalling problem..) I would like to know if we are entitled a replacement while the scoots are in the shop.
Basically, no, you're not. Some dealers may provide this on their own, but that's up to them.

Did you not get a warranty card when you bought the Buddy? There are scans of the card here:
topic1354.html
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

MikieTaps wrote:what model buddy do you have? 08 150? Is it the common vapor lock issue?
As I've recently learned, the 125s might also suffer from this.