Paint???

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CO BlackCatRider

Paint???

Post by CO BlackCatRider »

Hey everyone, I'm going to pick my scooter up next week and am planning on stripping it down and painting it Thursday - Sunday...

Any suggestions on the best primer and paint to use? I want to use something that will dry relatively quickly, but will also last longer than a Maco paint job...

Those of you that have painted your scooters please let me know what you used... I am thinking about painting all the yellow on my black cat a flat black... going for the night-rider look.. black and red..lol

My Black Cat Kicks Ass!!!
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

well, i could give you a rundown of what you need, but the problem is, with the questions you are asking, that tells me that macco would do a better job. im not trying to bash you, we all have to start somewhere, but if you want it to look nice i would consider having someone paint it for you.

if you do try it anyway, make sure you go to a real paint store to get your supplies and not just any auto parts store. the parts store stuff sucks compared to real products. if you ask them your questions they most likely will help you if they arent really busy at the moment.

i just noticed you want flat black. i would reccomend PPG DP90. its an epoxy primer that cant stand up to normal use like paint can. i use it all the time as a final coat when flat black is needed. that would eliminate a lot of steps for you. you could just clean the parts, sand and then spray and be all done. dont sand with any rougher than 400grit, but going higher than 600 is really not needed
Last edited by Evans Performance on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugo

Re: Paint???

Post by Hugo »

CO BlackCatRider wrote:Hey everyone, I'm going to pick my scooter up next week and am planning on stripping it down and painting it Thursday - Sunday...

Any suggestions on the best primer and paint to use? I want to use something that will dry relatively quickly, but will also last longer than a Maco paint job...

Those of you that have painted your scooters please let me know what you used... I am thinking about painting all the yellow on my black cat a flat black... going for the night-rider look.. black and red..lol

Show us pictures when you are done. I was also thinking of the flat black look. :twisted:
"The All Is One..."