ArmorAll anyone?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

NathanielSalzman

ArmorAll anyone?

Post by NathanielSalzman »

Just curious if anybody has thought to use ArmorAll or some other plastic protectant on the plastic parts of the Blur. Obviously you'd want to keep it off the seat and the foot grips, but otherwise there's a lot of unpainted plastic on these scooters. Don't want it going all chalky. Thoughts?
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

This is just me, but I personally don't like the way ArmorAll makes everything shiny looking especially the tires and other rubber parts. Also, I remember some issues with ArmorAll that implied that it excellerated the drying out of some plastics/vinyl which caused them to crack and split.
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

babblefish wrote:This is just me, but I personally don't like the way ArmorAll makes everything shiny looking especially the tires and other rubber parts. Also, I remember some issues with ArmorAll that implied that it excellerated the drying out of some plastics/vinyl which caused them to crack and split.
Yeah, actual ArmorAll is crap by most accounts, but it's the name everybody knows. I just wondered if anybody's using any sort of plastic protectant on their scoot.
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i use eagle one on the unpainted plastics i cant stand that flat black look. it will help keep it from fadening
showtime2100

Post by showtime2100 »

I definitely use armor all on the un painted plastic parts, but after what I heard...I guess I need to switch.
RIDIN HIGH!!!
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

I've been using Pledge furniture polish on my Burgman, TGB and intend to do the same with the Blur. It works like wax in that it beads up water, can be used safely on the windscreen, which helps if you ride in rain, and a quick wipe down of all the plastic takes mere minutes when I get home from a weekend or at the end of a week of commuting. Just dont buy the Lemon scented version - bees love it :shock:
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

i use nano wax spray works great .. the pledge is an old hot roder trick but youll get wax build up.
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

ArmorAll will degrade the plastic. Use 303 Protectant. It's the best stuff out there for plastic/vinyl/rubber. You can usually find it at auto stores and Ace Hardware.

http://www.303products.com/
Perkussion

Post by Perkussion »

I have a bottle of 303 left over from when my wife had a ragtop.
It says on the back of the bottle that you can also use it on clear plastic.
Has anyone ever used it on a scooter windscreen or helmet face shield?
Erlkonig

Post by Erlkonig »

I just use tire oil (red color oil base) work great on any scooter I rode, you can apply it on seat and foot stand surface and then use clean cloth to remove it make less slipping.

Use plastic protection on unpainted surface espically your bike alaways in outside of rain and sun