Battery Tender

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

White Apache

Battery Tender

Post by White Apache »

I bought a used Buddy that came with a battery tender attached. At least, that's what I think it was. It didn't come with the other part that allows me to plug it in to a wall outlet to charge the battery.

So, basically, I have this cable that slightly sticks out on the floorboard. Should I be concerned with leaving it attached? Is there any electrical issue with having this cable connected to the battery?
White Apache

Re: Battery Tender

Post by White Apache »

White Apache wrote:I bought a used Buddy that came with a battery tender attached. At least, that's what I think it was. It didn't come with the other part that allows me to plug it in to a wall outlet to charge the battery.

So, basically, I have this cable that slightly sticks out on the floorboard. Should I be concerned with leaving it attached? Is there any electrical issue with having this cable connected to the battery?

Oops. I put this in the Blur discussion accidentally, instead of the Buddy. I suppose the question is still valid either way.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Battery Tender

Post by illnoise »

White Apache wrote:Is there any electrical issue with having this cable connected to the battery?
Nope, other than maybe submerging it in water, it shouldn't be a problem. If it's bugging you, just disconnect it from the battery or tape it to the inside of the body.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.