Post by ervine13 »

My original black and silver 2007 Buddy

After a weekend transformation.

kazoo

Post by kazoo »

Looks smart.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

You guys are serious painting pros to do this stuff rattle canned and in a garage. That looks really nice.
sargelee71

Post by sargelee71 »

Wow!!! That's so great!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

What brand of paint did you use? The interior looks great being the same color as the exterior! It looks very smooth too. Did you sand the interior down? Or just clean and spray?
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

jfrost2 wrote:What brand of paint did you use? The interior looks great being the same color as the exterior! It looks very smooth too. Did you sand the interior down? Or just clean and spray?

Krylon! It is awesome! ScooterNewbie and I painted his Italia with some other brand, I fogot what it was.

viewtopic.php?t=4150

With his, we had to wash and wet sand the parts first. With Krylon, the instructions say just to clean it and spray. It worked great. Although, if I were to do it again, I would sand the inside parts . Those parts are sort of textured plastic. The paint kind of clumps together. So I think if I sand first, it would stick better. To fix it, I just sprayed more coats to fill in the valleys. About 6 coats.
ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

WOW! Amazing.

Could we have a larger photo of the entire side view..it's in the small box of photos left of the front rack.

Very impressive...love the colors you chose!

Now, you need a Corazzo 5.0 jacket
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

ryder1 wrote:WOW! Amazing.

Could we have a larger photo of the entire side view..it's in the small box of photos left of the front rack.
Here you go :D

I actually have a gray shop jacket. I really like the 5.0 now. Especially because of the color.

Anyone want to buy a Gray Shop Jacket (Large) ?

ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

Very nice!

The jacket color contrast is exceptional...nice touch.
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

that looks awesome, I am looking at doing something similar... how did you do the racing stripes?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Awesome job. Did you sand this time or just go straight to paint?

(BTW, moving this to the Scooter Gallery...)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

Wow I love it! :shock: :D
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

MikieTaps wrote:that looks awesome, I am looking at doing something similar... how did you do the racing stripes?

Well, I painted the whole thing white first. Then I took some vinyl tape from pep boys which gave me the pinstripe-ish look then pretty much masked the middle. A few coats later....

This is a picture I took before I painted the whole thing.
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

ericalm wrote:Awesome job. Did you sand this time or just go straight to paint?

Krylon told me I didn't have to. So I just cleaned it and started painting. Although, the inner parts of the buddy where it is kind of textured plastic, I should have sanded first. The paint clumped together.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

You guys should send these to Scoot! Mag's reader rides section. And to Genuine!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
GFridrich3

Post by GFridrich3 »

Nice painting job. I havent even taken delivery of my Blur yet and I am already photoshopping different color schemes to paint her over the winter.

I may be interested in your Shop jacket, 5'-10" 170lb guy, 34"-36" waist depending on brand of pants maker, with average build, would it fit me well? If so, shoot me an asking price with shipping to 60107 (Streamwood, IL - residential address)
KRUSTYburger

Post by KRUSTYburger »

Very spiffy. Reminds me of peppermint! I was surprised that with all the other chrome on there you don't have the chrome rear rack... are you planning on getting one, or just leaving the stock? Just curious. LOOKIN' GOOD!!! 8)
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

You should spray a new logo or get vinyl incase you want to remove it. "peppermint 125" :lol:
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

KRUSTYburger wrote:...you don't have the chrome rear rack... are you planning on getting one, or just leaving the stock? Just curious. LOOKIN' GOOD!!! 8)
All the chrome came with the scoot when I bought it. Still have to order the rear rack. I really need it too. Too many grocery store trips. Not cuz I need stuff, but I pretend I need stuff so I can scoot.
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

jfrost2 wrote:You should spray a new logo or get vinyl incase you want to remove it. "peppermint 125" :lol:
I'm already designing something. Something in cursive that says "Lola"

Lola means grandmother in my language, Tagalog. I'm Filipino.
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

ervine13 wrote:
Still have to order the rear rack. I really need it too. Too many grocery store trips. Not cuz I need stuff, but I pretend I need stuff so I can scoot.
i think we all understand that feeling
Christy

Post by Christy »

dude that looks awesome!
EPSP #76
Othergods

Post by Othergods »

Really Nice looking scooter, I really need to do something with mine hehe.
Know the truth: WM3.org

ryder1

Post by ryder1 »

When you paint your Buddy, isn't it like getting a brand new scooter (other than the obvious mechanical) again ?!!!
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

im impressed. done like a pro.

its nice to see how you brought the red up to the front panel without any awkward space in between. it flows like these were the colors and design it was made to have.
ScootScoot

Post by ScootScoot »

My goodness that's gorgeous. I would pay you to paint my scoot in a heartbeat.
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

ryder1 wrote:When you paint your Buddy, isn't it like getting a brand new scooter (other than the obvious mechanical) again ?!!!
It kinda is! It renews/boosts you excitement for her.
DodgeBoy

Post by DodgeBoy »

ervine13 wrote:
MikieTaps wrote:that looks awesome, I am looking at doing something similar... how did you do the racing stripes?

Well, I painted the whole thing white first. Then I took some vinyl tape from pep boys which gave me the pinstripe-ish look then pretty much masked the middle. A few coats later....

This is a picture I took before I painted the whole thing.
Looks good , Where did you get the front fender cromed at and how much ?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

DodgeBoy wrote:Looks good , Where did you get the front fender cromed at and how much ?
http://www.scooterworks.com/Chrome_Fron ... 02C291.cfm

$40!
UnionZac

Post by UnionZac »

this scooter is a bad ass.... presumably you are as well, but your scooter definitely is.
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

:shock: HOLY word I cant say here! how the heck do I keep missing these cool threads???

BAD@SS paint job! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The colors and the chrome go together nicely. Well done.
TheeSadTransmissions

Post by TheeSadTransmissions »

That's awesome! It's like the White Stripes scooter!
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

Thanks everyone! :o

I appreciate all of your feedback.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Very Nice. I'm a big fan of the red and white combo. It almost matches my helmet.
newslinky

Post by newslinky »

All I can say is WOW very NICE!!!
Proud owner of a Buddy St. Tropez 150
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

Those pics are great and the custom paint on your Buddy is "off the hook". I see you live in L.A. so for me to try to customize a Buddy like yours would be a little cheesy on my part (I live in the San Fernando/Santa Clarita Valleys area); but damn it if I didn't like that color pattern as well. Hopefully when I get my scooting on (waiting feverishly on a Pamplona) I never have to bump into you if I do the mod. Or else we'll have to have a dueling Buddy performance. I'll be the retarded kid... oops I meant mentally challenged.

[hopefully that Deliverance bit isn't a little too politically incorrect for this forum - if so, I apologize]
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hey, those custom Buddys would totally fly in the SFV! Can;t speak for the Santa Clarita Valley. Must be more rural than I thought!
BeetleGoose

Post by BeetleGoose »

ericalm wrote:Hey, those custom Buddys would totally fly in the SFV! Can;t speak for the Santa Clarita Valley. Must be more rural than I thought!
If you've been to or at least heard of Magic Mountain (in Valencia) then you know where SCV is (at least the northwest portion of it). SCV is between the 5 and 14 freeways, and it's a nice little valley with some little hills and some little curves here and there. There's an old road that leads from the SFV into the SCV and incidently enough it's called The Old Road. I plan on taking that on my routes back and forth between the two valleys... when I get my scooter... dot dot dot...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

BeetleGoose wrote:
ericalm wrote:Hey, those custom Buddys would totally fly in the SFV! Can;t speak for the Santa Clarita Valley. Must be more rural than I thought!
If you've been to or at least heard of Magic Mountain (in Valencia) then you know where SCV is (at least the northwest portion of it). SCV is between the 5 and 14 freeways, and it's a nice little valley with some little hills and some little curves here and there. There's an old road that leads from the SFV into the SCV and incidently enough it's called The Old Road. I plan on taking that on my routes back and forth between the two valleys... when I get my scooter... dot dot dot...
I actually Google mapped SCV today after reading your thread about getting your scooter. Looks like some nice canyon roads up there by the lake. I'm planning on going scooter exploring up there some time soon!
katiejonezy

Post by katiejonezy »

ervine13 wrote:
ericalm wrote:Awesome job. Did you sand this time or just go straight to paint?

Krylon told me I didn't have to. So I just cleaned it and started painting. Although, the inner parts of the buddy where it is kind of textured plastic, I should have sanded first. The paint clumped together.

Which Krylon did you use? Was it the plastic?
http://www.krylon.com/products/
2007 Buddy 50
2005 Stella
1973 Pontiac Catalina
1973 El Dorado
ervine13

Post by ervine13 »

katiejonezy wrote: Which Krylon did you use? Was it the plastic?
http://www.krylon.com/products/
Yes. For platic. :D
theatrecat

Post by theatrecat »

ervine13 wrote:
KRUSTYburger wrote:...you don't have the chrome rear rack... are you planning on getting one, or just leaving the stock? Just curious. LOOKIN' GOOD!!! 8)
All the chrome came with the scoot when I bought it. Still have to order the rear rack. I really need it too. Too many grocery store trips. Not cuz I need stuff, but I pretend I need stuff so I can scoot.
Just got my scoot 2 day ago and I can definitely relate to this. I went to the grocery for nothing! HA!