Ines del alma mia...

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

madtolive

Ines del alma mia...

Post by madtolive »

I *finally* got my seat cover from crystal, and Ines is at her loveliest! Here's a teaser from the photo shoot Alix orchestrated yesterday. I hope ya'll enjoy em! :D

Thus far: maxxis whitewalls, rear rack, sx topcase, zebra print seat cover, upgraded headlight. :D
sunil: "And if you spend 40 dollars making a pizza then you sir are a retard."
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

here's a few more:

Last edited by madtolive on Fri May 23, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericalm: "No name calling, please. Maybe he's using truffles and top-grade meats."
BadBrains

Post by BadBrains »

She looks glorious! She even looks freshly cleaned unless you ride only on butcher paper everywhere you go. How are you diggin' that top case? I think it complements the shape of the scoot very well and I prefer the looks of it to hard topcases.

Man, I am way behind in mods and our Buddies are the same age! The painting begins next week...
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

i have to admit, that i wipe her down with a cloth and cleaner stuff (that lojical and corsair so warmly gave to me for my graduation present, thanks again you guys!) more often than i probably should. :oops: she's just so dang purdy that i can't have her hiding under mud.
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

That IS very nice and I agree on the top bag, imo looks better than the hard case in keeping up with the retro look. The zebra also a littl more subdued that the tiger stripes.

Nice going J. :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

:D Thanks, D!

as soon as i put the seat cover on her and i saw the one-two punch of zebra and minty green, immediately the b-52s came to mind, no se why. makes me wish i had a big red beehive and some shiny lycra leggings.
addictionriot

Post by addictionriot »

It looks great! I really like that top case too :clap:
ay pablo

Post by ay pablo »

Looks great! I'm waiting for some fabric samples from Crystal so I can order a cover for my bud.

Hey....you too can have a nice high red beehive 'do

http://www.zoogstercostumes.com/landing/wigsbeehive.php

Just PLEASE post pics of you on your scooter sporting the Kate Pierson look ASAP.
:P
If driving a Hummer says "my penis is small",
.......then what does riding a scooter say?

I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle.....
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Your scoot is looking so great!!

Can I partially hijack your thread and ask if anyone has any suggestions for what fabric to tell Crystal to use to make a seat cover for an Italia?

I won one in Alix's raffle and have NO IDEA what to get! I don't think I want animal print... but maybe. I love the Italias that have swapped to the brown seats, so maybe something brown.

I'm terrible at picking things out like this... so all you who are great at it, help me out!!!
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

previous to falling in love with sighfoam green when i was still pining for an italia, i went to the fabric store and decided i wanted a brown microfiber seat cover. a nice, rich milk chocolate microfiber would look spectacular on an italia or a pamplona, imho. i wrote her and asked if she can use microfiber to make a seat cover, but i never found out. anyway, thats my dos pesos. or a brown argyle or corduroy would also be smashing. oh, the possibilities!
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

Image Image

that way it looks like buster is wearing a sweater! :D brown argyle is my vote!
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

madtolive wrote:Image Image

that way it looks like buster is wearing a sweater! :D brown argyle is my vote!
Yeah that's the one I was thinking about though if she could do a brown corduroy like KRUSTYburger's that would be sweet too!
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

Is that a piaggio bag?
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

hey madtolive,

I was showing these pics of your sweet ride to some on my motorcycle/scooter friends at work, and they, and I, love it :!: :!: :!:
Now they are hounding me up customize mine! :lol:
SScooterG

Post by SScooterG »

I'm really glad you posted pictures of Ines with the black bag - I'm thinking I'm going to do that with my Julep...once I get my rear rack (which hopefully I will be getting for my birf-day on the 27th!) Your scoot is so purdy - the whitewalls and seat cover look fantastic!
Pita1963

Post by Pita1963 »

jmazza wrote:Your scoot is looking so great!!

Can I partially hijack your thread and ask if anyone has any suggestions for what fabric to tell Crystal to use to make a seat cover for an Italia?

I won one in Alix's raffle and have NO IDEA what to get! I don't think I want animal print... but maybe. I love the Italias that have swapped to the brown seats, so maybe something brown.

I'm terrible at picking things out like this... so all you who are great at it, help me out!!!
I'm waiting for the houndstooth fabric sample.... I think that would go really well with the Pamplona - also thinking of swapping out my topcase with the bag-style also

Robb

:nerd:
The answer is : 42
pamalama

Top Case

Post by pamalama »

Love, love, love the way your scoot looks, the black contrast is striking!! I've been waiting on a pink Genuine Topcase for mine, they're on backorder, but now that I see yours with the canvas topcase...I do believe I'm going to tell them to take my name of the back order list and order this one. I really do like the retro look and I'm planing to change out my interior panels to black...so this will look so sweet! I'm wondering, can you get quite a bit in it, does your helmet fit? Also, do you think the matching saddle bags would be over kill? I figured while I was ordering, maybe I should order the whole kit and kaboodle.
madtolive

Post by madtolive »

thanks you guys! i love the sx canvas case. i think it looks swell, and it also carries a ton of stuff such as : a 12 pack of beer (er, or pop) AND chinese take-out for two, and even fits my full face helmet with a little bit of space left over.

i posted more pics of just the topcase here: viewtopic.php?t=3827&highlight=canvas+topcase

i like the retro-ness of the canvas topcase of that you guys have mentioned, plus i thought that if i got the matching genuine topcase ines wouldve ended up way too minty.

and i'd say to hold off on the saddlebags until you've decided you need the extra storage, they have a way of hiding buddy's natural beauty.

up next for ines: cowl protectors. blingy!
ScooterNewbie

Post by ScooterNewbie »

Seat cover looks super fun! It adds some character to an already beautiful scootiful. BTW, is that a Chrome bag I see? I love mine!
Robbie: You hit two cones back there. Those could have been people... they could have been guests at her wedding!

Sammy: [exasperated] They were *cones*!
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

i want a chrome bag... i need to get a part time job to finance this addiction i have... :?