Blur Turn Signals!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BeachBuzz

Blur Turn Signals!

Post by BeachBuzz »

why doesnt the Blur require the 'ear bud' aftermarket turn signal stalks? I was kind of surprised to notice them missing when I went to pick mine up and even more surprised when it cleared DMV without them? All 3 of my other scoots have similar OEM signals encased in the plastic (& disabled) with the add-ons I thought were a U.S./DOT requirement :?:
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I just assumed they somehow met DOT specs, if not, Genuine found some way to get it by, so it's not a problem, just be happy, ha!

The lack of ugly extraneous turn signals was actually a big selling point for me.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
BeachBuzz

Post by BeachBuzz »

I'm definately happy with the scooter and the look without the appendages but it stood out as missing something when I first saw it. I assumed that they would be there even though I had never seen them in any pictures. At the DMV they didnt 'inspect' anything except the Cert of Origin, bill of sale and verify the VIN so if they're happy, I'm happy. I have to admit though, yesterday evening on my commute home I wondered to myself if the stalks really are more visable/safer, since I now have full run of the traffic lanes. I will continue to ride like I'm invisible, but I'm just sayin...
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

The turn signals are in the range of what DOT requires, and they are far apart enough for "people to distinguish left from right".

I also agree, they look much nicer without those ugly dot signals, but the buddy looks ok with/without them. I just think if you leave them on the buddy, you gotta rewire the OEM and DOT together.