quadrophenia scooters

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

sailortot

quadrophenia scooters

Post by sailortot »

this isnt quite all of them, but heres a tasting from the rally in tulsa...

OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

Thanks for posting the pics. And Bubbles even made #4!

The weekend was a blast, and I'm delighted to have met such great scooter folks.
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

hey sailortot
i guess you were on the ride that i led but i didn't know it, i think we had like 6 buddys on that ride. if you were part of the group that got lost, i'm sorry i had no idea we'd have so many riders on that saturday ride.
formerly known as robonz23

www.cannonballbuddy.com
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Nice pics !

What is that mini Winnebago looking thing on pic#3? Cool looking :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

i think they called it a "wild fire"

it's chinese, has three wheels and is licensed as a motorcycle and they pay motorcycle insurance rates.

www.cannonballbuddy.com
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

robonz23 wrote:hey sailortot
i guess you were on the ride that i led but i didn't know it, i think we had like 6 buddys on that ride. if you were part of the group that got lost, i'm sorry i had no idea we'd have so many riders on that saturday ride.
i was! i was probably about 10th behind you.

and no...i wasnt part of the group that got lost. :lol:

it was a fun route. i enjoyed it. thanks for leading!
sailortot

Post by sailortot »

OKBubbles wrote:Thanks for posting the pics. And Bubbles even made #4!

The weekend was a blast, and I'm delighted to have met such great scooter folks.
absolutely! bubbles is a great scoot and she deserves some photo fame. :D

by the way, im elizabeth. sat next to you at lunch and during the raffle sunday.
Elm Creek Smith

Post by Elm Creek Smith »

I brought home the lost group. I was riding trail when I came around a corner in Sand Springs and saw a bunch of scoots stopped in the middle of the road. I firmly believe that if they'd kept going they might have seen where the rest of the group went. Anyway, after a couple of miscues, we got back on route and came into Tulsa. Since I didn't know where the lunch stop was planned, we were going to MacNellie's until we saw the lead bunch waving at us from El Guapo's across the street.

We had some fun, huh?

ECS
Yes, that is my scooter.
Yes, I wear a helmet and a FIRSTGEAR armored jacket.
No, I'm not embarrassed to be seen riding it.
Yes, that is an NRA sticker on the fender.

"I aim to misbehave."
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

ECS, let me say thank you for picking up the pieces. I think we could have really used at least 3-4 "in the know" riders disbursed among us who knew the route, destination, etc.

I was up front about 4-5 from Rob, and can only imagine what the folks behind me were thinking as things spread out, got to stop lights, etc.

When I was open tracking my car more, a lot of folks had those 2way radios tuned to the same freqs so they could communicate. Maybe that is something that would help so the guy in middle or back could let the front know there was a break and we needed to rally up again.
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com
robtaylor

Post by robtaylor »

sorry about the group getting spread out, i was really hoping to use the bull horn and tell everyone the route blow by blow but it didn't happen. the whole take off seemed a little disorganized.
i was hesitant to stop at the green lights for everyone to catch up, but it seemed like every time we hit a stop light we got separated again. if i lead such a big group again i'll try to keep in mind to avoid traffic lights when possible.

it was a good time though and i'm glad we had someone at the tail who was able to get everyone together-thanks elm creek

www.cannonballbuddy.com
DouglasLive

Post by DouglasLive »

Just noticed the 'Buddy Christ/Jesus' decal on the SI in pic #1. Someone has a good sense of humor. :)

http://jayandsilentbob.com/budchrisdass1.html
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

sailortot wrote:
OKBubbles wrote:Thanks for posting the pics. And Bubbles even made #4!

absolutely! bubbles is a great scoot and she deserves some photo fame. :D

by the way, im elizabeth. sat next to you at lunch and during the raffle sunday.
Well, hi! I'll be watching for you as Bubbles and I scoot around town. My mission today is to get a fun photo for the scavenger hunt!
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

robonz23 wrote:hey sailortot
Rob, you did a great job! That really was a huge group, but I guess we'll just learn from the experience and do things a little differently next year. I know Bubbles and I will definitely be back.

By the way, the Crampbuster is great -- I've already bought my own, and need to get yours back to you. Our mutual friend is out of town this week, but I'll make arrangements to get in touch ASAP.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Just noticed the 'Buddy Christ/Jesus' decal on the SI in pic #1. Someone has a good sense of humor.
That's my sister's scoot (I have the same sticker on my helmet--"DOT approved; Buddy Christ Blessed"). It seemed a natural to put on the Buddy! I bought them for her on her birthday and made her give me one! :lol:
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).