Where is the oil fill for Blur?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

babblefish

Where is the oil fill for Blur?

Post by babblefish »

OK, so I tried to do a search for changing oil in a Blur and came up with 1054 hits. Looked at the first 100 or so and none of them were even related to oil change. So...the question I have is where is the oil filler opening? I know where the drain plug is. I'm going to be filling it with Mobil 1 15W40 synthetic and a $23 :shock: replacement oil filter.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

the oil filter is on the oil cooler up front behind the grill in back of the front wheel it is on the right hand side or starter butten side of the bike. i dont know what size hex head it is to take it off. hope this helps.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Thanks, but I already know where the filter is, I just don't know where to pour the oil back into the engine. Maybe I'll just start taking the panels off, starting with the pet carrier bucket under the seat.
voodoosix

Post by voodoosix »

look below the muffler on the right hand side (muffler side) of the bike, should be a plastic cap there somewhere.

'08 Tomos Nitro
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

It's the same opening used for the dipstick.

-Charlie
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

charlie55 wrote:It's the same opening used for the dipstick.

-Charlie
You know, that makes so much sense that I feel stupid for even asking the question in the first place! :oops: :oops:

Thanks! :)