Gas Gauge on Empty ALWAYS

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

stanlick

Gas Gauge on Empty ALWAYS

Post by stanlick »

I just bought a new Blur150 and it is amazing! I have almost 900 miles on it already and have fueled it up a few times. Last night I noticed the fuel gauge is on empty even though the tank is full! Any clues?

Peace,
Scott
EP_scoot

Post by EP_scoot »

Other than you have the most innacurate gauge on record . . . no clue.
Probably the float is disconnected. Have your dealer take a look at it, and in the mean tim, figure you canrun 150 BDUs on a tank and you will never run out of gas.

The great thing about sscooter gauges is that they are consistently inconsistent. :D
Beer is the answer . . . what was the question?

D.
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

The gas gauge on my 2006 is way off. It shows empty at 1.2 gallons down. Really frustrating. I used to just fill up by mileage until I missed counted and ran out of gas one time.
stanlick

Post by stanlick »

Thanks bro! Do you know what the two white 10A boxes control that are behind the battery? According to my wiring schematic, the fuel gauge has an orange wire coming out of it, and one of the two white boxes (fuses) has an orange wiring going into it. It's a PGO 06.02(10A)
NathanielSalzman

Post by NathanielSalzman »

E = empty. Well.. eventually..

I had a brain fart on Wednesday and forgot to look at my gas gauge before I left work. On the way in I noticed it an knew I'd need to fill up, but forgot all about it. So it sputtered and died on me about a quarter of the way home. So I got to do the gas can walk of shame to and from the gas station a few blocks away.

The truly scary bit of it was that it took a unsettlingly long time to get the Blur to fire back up. I started to wonder if there wasn't something else wrong. It did, finally. But I can now accurately verify that the Blur tank holds exactly 1.75 gallons!
Nathaniel Salzman | Founding Editor at ScooterFile.com
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Yeah, it takes a while to recover from a bone dry tank because the Blur's fuel system is sort of a pressurized closed loop arrangement. Fuel exits the main tank from the bottom, passes through the fuel filter (also under the tank), and must then be raised by the vacuum pump to a level that's actually higher than the tank and carb. The pump's located inside the left rear of the scooter, just about where your left butt cheek meets the seat. Fuel travels from the pump to that little white "auxilliary" tank bolted to the rear of the main one, and then by gravity to the carb. The smaller tank has an overflow back to the main tank. So it takes time to get the whole pipeline loaded up.

-Charlie
alienmeatsack

Post by alienmeatsack »

If the Blur uses the same floating bobber+actuator switch as the Stella, I can understand why yours is inaccurate/not working. The Stella's is horrible and malfunctions often.

Mine, brand new from the shop was already malfunctioning. It stopped working completely for a while, then magically started working again.

It's essentially just a switch with a floater on the end of a long wire. And the switch itself is usually where the problem lies. If you are seeing other guages/lights malfunctioning, then your problem lies elsewhere.

You might double check the wires running to and from the gauge, and the mechanism (whatever kind it is) in the gas tank itself to make sure nothing's come loose.
Dead Bunny SC | Tumblr: spazscooter | Twitter: @SPAZ_Scooter | Twitter: @DeadBunnySC
email: spazscooter@gmail.com