Yet another reason Buddy's rock!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gt1000

Yet another reason Buddy's rock!

Post by gt1000 »

Well, all small scooters actually...

I live in an inner city loft building. We park a car, scooter and motorcycle in one parking space because a 2nd space would cost us a minimum of $40K (really). The two wheelers are mine, the car iis my wife's daily ride.

This morning, I fire up the Buddy and let it warm up a bit while I gear up. I ride up the ramp to the motorized garage door and things look "off". The door iis 3/4 closed and jammed. I try the button...nothing. I hear people talking outside so I open the access door (a regular front door sized door for pedestrians, the trash people, maintenence people, etc.) and there's folks outside trying to figure out how to get to work or school. Our management office doesn't open for another half hour, so they're stuck. I, on the other hand, politely ask a lovely young DU law student to hold the access door open for me while I wheel my still idling Buddy out the door. I swear, as I emerged from the dark garage into the bright sunlight outside, I heard angels singing! I yanked off my gloves and helmet and tried to help them for a minute, then finally called my wife upstairs so she could try to contact the emergency phone number. Then I geared up again and rode off. I wonder, were they all envious?

I wish I could've offered the DU law student a ride but DU's in the opposite direction from my university. Hope she got to class okay.
Andy

2006 Buddy 125 (orange), going to a good MB home
2009 Vespa 250 GTS (black)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 (black)
2008 Ducati Hypermotard S, traded for Tiger 800
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

^ wow parallel lives. we live in an urban dwelling with parking garage, put two Buddys and our one car in one spot, one of us works at a university, and our garage door was once stuck ...but there is no door to the outside. I would have to put it in the elevator and take it to the first floor...Crazy, but I'd do it!