Black Cat Registration??

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CO BlackCatRider

Black Cat Registration??

Post by CO BlackCatRider »

All-

I just purchased my black cat last week and the only paperwork I received was my receipt. Should I have received more paperwork from my dealer? Maybe something that has to do with registration?

Has anyone registered their black cat? Do I need to register my Black Cat?
My Black Cat Kicks Ass!!!
Knox

Post by Knox »

Sportique, where you got yours, usually gives you a paper to send to the state with 5 bucks to register your scoot. You can also download the file somewhere, but I happen to have the Colorado form here. Right click this link and save it, send it in with 5 bucks.
http://www.ebaspace.com/scoot.pdf
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

You should have recieved a Certificate of Origin at the time of purchase. You will need that if you choose to officially register it.
"The All Is One..."
CO BlackCatRider

Yeah... all i received was the receipt. They were so busy the day I actually picked it up that I can understand why they did not give me the paperwork...

I will fill out the doc and take it in to the Lakewood office to get my registration...

Thank you
CO BlackCatRider

Knox-

Since the black cat obviously does not have pedals, I am going to need to fill out page 2 of the document you provided... right below the year, make, and vin portion of page 2 there is a portion of the statement in the box that says that i certify that my wheels are more than 14 inches in diameter... now, if I'm reading my tires correctly, it appears that they are 10 inches... will this be a problem or something that they will verify and ultimately deny my registration? I am sure this is a stupid question but I just want to make sure that it is okay to ignore this portion prior to taking my paperwork to the DMV...

Thanks again.
goodbluegrass

Post by goodbluegrass »

dude,
drop back in to sportique on tuesday, and have them give you your paperwork. it will save you a bunch of time and effort in getting everything done right with the state...
til then, don't sweat it...
goodbluegrass

Post by goodbluegrass »

the sportique guys are great(at least in boulder), and you will be fine registering with the form that they give you. i registered mine and got my sticker from the state in 2 1/2 weeks. i drove it in between, and figured i could just say i just bought it and haven't got my sticker if i got pulled over. no problems at all.
have fun riding!