yet another topcase option....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lou76

yet another topcase option....

Post by lou76 »

so with all the hubub over finding a suitable and matching topcase, i came up with this solution... as you can see, the color is a fairly good match.... i will have to make a cut around the top, and probably empty out whatever is inside, as it is not really designed as a topcase... i am thinking of also doing some asthetic mods.... maybe carving some design into the back for the enjoyment of those behind me... Mabey a face!!! yeah, thats the ticket... and if i do that, i can put some sort of light source inside, to light up the portion that i cut away.... that will add some visibility to the equation... (man, how come noone has thought of this??????) :P
Attachments
bumkin2.jpg
bumkin2.jpg (23.95 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
bumkin.jpg
bumkin.jpg (45.05 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

And then you can use the eyes for extra turn signals, and the mouth for an extra brake/running light! And wire it all up so that if someone gets too close behind you, you can use the "spare" switch on the bars to shoot seeds out his mouth! :twisted:

Now where can I find one in black?? :wink:
sunshinen

Post by sunshinen »

i love it... i am so tempted. put a cheap LED light in there, and voila.
lou76

Post by lou76 »

i think that it will hold spray paint.... and also, i have heard that if you just leave it outside for a while, it will turn some dark color eventually, although i don't know about an exact match....
vitaminC

Re: ...

Post by vitaminC »

lou76 wrote:and also, i have heard that if you just leave it outside for a while, it will turn some dark color eventually, although i don't know about an exact match....
True, but by then it will have no structural integrity... :bleh:
ScooterLibby

Post by ScooterLibby »

Genius! I gotta get me one. The textured surface also adds a very nice asthetic. :lol:
We're not cute, we're dangerous!
brat

Post by brat »

I am going to SF scooter Centre saterday I am tempted to stop by the pumpkin patch before going. That is so great. I do love the nice color match.

Susan
NarMeowZippy

Post by NarMeowZippy »

After reading this thread yesterday I ended up having a dream last night that pumpkins were the only viable way to haul cargo. Of course, my pumpkin was blue for some reason. Man, this forum is getting in my head! :wink:
It's Scooter-rific!!!
ScooterMonkey

Post by ScooterMonkey »

Now that is a cool mod!
You ought to carve, light, & mount that pumpkin so you can get some nice Halloween pics.
I'll bet Genuine would love those. 8)
avidgirl

Post by avidgirl »

If you power the light by splicing into your brake light, will that void your warranty?

:wink:
Leigh

Creme Buddy 125
ScooterMonkey

Post by ScooterMonkey »

avidgirl wrote:If you power the light by splicing into your brake light, will that void your warranty?

:wink:
I believe the Trick or Treat act of 1954 says it only voids that part of your warranty relating to Pumpkins :mrgreen:
SFSC
Dealer

I am going to put Pumkins on all our Buddys

Post by SFSC »

Thats a great idea. I am going to deck all our orange Buddy's out with Pumkins.

Barry
SFSC