Frankensaust lives!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

nissanman

Frankensaust lives!

Post by nissanman »

Alright, I'm going to wrap my Prima exhaust so decided to put the Frankensaust back on in the meantime (if you don't know about it go to genuinerattler/yahoo group). Funny thing is I think the 'saust is working better on my setup than the Prima :shock: Of course I'm going to have to do further testing to find out, I will have an answer to this question before too much time passes. If it does work better (or if it doesn't) I'll have a nice aftermarket exhaust all wraped up to hang on my wall. Sure hope it looks pretty with black exhaust wrap.
EZPZ #65
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

where do you get the exhaust wrap, i am assuming you are talking about the insulating wrap...
MPA

Post by MPA »

I'll have to check it out - I've been toying with the idea of putting the stock exhaust back on but was lazy since the bike runs fine - then today I noticed a buzz and one of the exhaust nuts was gone,and I had to take the old one off so it's almost off anyway - I just need to block off that extra tube.

What did you do with that tube? I was thinking a piece of heater hose and a bolt that fits for the ghetto cheapness. I was looking for the post on the Rattler group but couldn't really find the info. Got a pic of your Frankensaust?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Here's the first generation of Frankensaust. I re-used the head pipe from my stock exhaust and mated it up to the technigas. So far the little exhaust pipe (recirculator) is just pounded flat to shut it down and the excess cut off. I plan on making that a little neater before wraping it. The wrap is just some black Thermo-tech 2" x 50ft. Thursday will probably be the day (pictures too) I get to work on it.
Attachments
frankensaustgen1.jpg
frankensaustgen1.jpg (24.2 KiB) Viewed 568 times
frankensaustgen1.2.jpg
frankensaustgen1.2.jpg (17.51 KiB) Viewed 566 times
EZPZ #65
MPA

Post by MPA »

ahhh I saw those pics, I wasn't sure what I was looking at.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

I'll get the genII pics up later this week. I am anxious to get the wrap on :)
EZPZ #65