Buzzing noise revisited

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Hugo

Buzzing noise revisited

Post by Hugo »

I took Reptilicus out on a 30 mile cruise on this glorious New England day :D. I still noticed a particular buzzing noise coming from the engine area. It seems to occur just as I begin to slightly let off of the throttle following a 3/4 turn. If I hold onto the throttle in that position I can keep the noise going.
I can't put my finger on what it could be. Performance is perfect, however. Last week I took off every piece of plastic to check for anything loose, but found nothing except for the handlebars. It's either some unknown part resonating or the actual motor. I wonder if this is something simply characteristic of PGO's 110cc. As mentioned before, It runs great--better every day 8) .
Anybody care to chime in?
"The All Is One..."
basilhayden

Post by basilhayden »

I get the same thing. Although, I think I am noticing it less as I accumulate more miles.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Do you think it's coming from the cyclinder? I'm hoping that I'm not breaking it in too harshly. Of course, I really couldn't be much more gentle.
"The All Is One..."
vespatech

Post by vespatech »

i can no longer hear a thing with the new pipe on but before that i did notice a slight buzzing at 3/4 throttle