New rattler owner, a couple questions

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

laxer

New rattler owner, a couple questions

Post by laxer »

I've had my rattler for a week and love it. I'm just wondering, what exactly happens to my new baby when I take it in at 200 miles, or if I even really need to. Also, when I would stop I'd keep the rear drum brake held, but noticed that I get quite a bit more rattle (no pun intended) than when I'm using the front disc, anyone else? Appreciate any help, thanks ya'll.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

They tighten everything at the 200mi service. Gear oil is done around 400-500mi (I wouldn't even bother with 200). The extra vibration is you're stopping the rear from turning completely, the transmission is still turning though. It's just not enough rpm's to engage the clutch but you'll still feel the extra vibrations. Kind of like when your car is in drive and you're stopped at a light vs being in park or neutral.
EZPZ #65
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Boy, new Rattler owners are beginning to pop up everywhere. It's a great thing :D . I can't wait until Massachusetts gets a dealer. I think that I'm the only Genuine rider around :( .
"The All Is One..."
laxer

Post by laxer »

nissanman wrote:They tighten everything at the 200mi service. Gear oil is done around 400-500mi (I wouldn't even bother with 200). The extra vibration is you're stopping the rear from turning completely, the transmission is still turning though. It's just not enough rpm's to engage the clutch but you'll still feel the extra vibrations. Kind of like when your car is in drive and you're stopped at a light vs being in park or neutral.
Thanks for the help. Are you saying that you wouldn't bother getting the 200 service done at all? Just wait til 400-500 and get it all tightened and the gear oil?
laxer

Post by laxer »

Hugo wrote:Boy, new Rattler owners are beginning to pop up everywhere. It's a great thing :D . I can't wait until Massachusetts gets a dealer. I think that I'm the only Genuine rider around :( .
Yeah, out here we have a couple Genuine dealers. I see buddies every day, but have yet to see another rattler or even a roughhouse :D I've had the scooter for five days now and I'll probably break 200 miles tomorrow.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Yeah, I'd wait until at least 400 miles. 200 nothing is broken in yet :)
EZPZ #65
Groovealufagus

Post by Groovealufagus »

The bike should shimmy when you've applied the rear brake... if it's making a rattling sound, open the battery compartment under your feet and wedge in a piece of foam to stop the battery from rattling around. Worked for me.
laxer

Post by laxer »

nissanman wrote:Yeah, I'd wait until at least 400 miles. 200 nothing is broken in yet :)
Right on, what about getting it de-restricted, how much would that improve performance?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

The exhaust is your only restriction on the 110. Emissions restricted, not speed restricted. According to PGOs own specs the top speed of the 110 is only supposed to be 50.91 MPH... and we all know it does a little better than that (about 10% better for most).
EZPZ #65
laxer

Post by laxer »

Oh really? I feel like such a dunce asking all this stuff :oops: It makes sense though, I'm just sad I can't go 60 :( Thanks again for all your help. Anyone know where I can get a good rack for the back of this thing?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Scooterworks does sell rear racks for the Rattler. I would also bet the rear rack from the Roughhouse would fit too. You can 'hit' 60... but maintaining that without the aid of a hill is tough. You can probably find answers to most of your questions here and a yahoo group genuinerattler.
EZPZ #65
laxer

Post by laxer »

One last thing: If I don't get the scheduled maintainance done, does it void the warranty?
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

laxer wrote:One last thing: If I don't get the scheduled maintainance done, does it void the warranty?
I do my own maintainance. If it does void the warranty not to take it in, I would just have them do the minimal $$$ just to get a signature and make it official :wink: .
"The All Is One..."
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

my dealer said i can do all of my own maintenance and still have a warranty
Rattler2006

Schedule

Post by Rattler2006 »

Most on here suggest something different then what my owners manual says so does anyone know of a schedule that most here agree on?