ride to prescott

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lou76

ride to prescott

Post by lou76 »

rode to prescott, az from phoenix yesterday... 60 to wickenburg, 93 to 89, 89 to prescott... good times... had recently gotten the black rear rack, and it managed to hold my gear, with a sleeping bag on the back of the seat right infront of the rack.... spent alot of the trip "tucked" to keep somewhere close to the posted 65mph on the 60 and the 89, but the scoot did good... pegged the speedo just outside of congress, climbed up into the mountains just fine, although the thin air seemed to take some spunk out of her... handled beautifully through the mountain grades/curves... put almost 400 miles on her in <30hrs.... good times... and the startled, but appreciative looks of two cats on a helix and a bigruckus in prescott were awesome...
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

Sounds like a great trip! How do you find the seat for those longer trips? After about 45 minutes, I am ready for a standing break.

Now, where are the pictures?? :P
lou76

Post by lou76 »

seat was fine... switched up positions a little from time to time, and took a smoke/coffee break every hour or so... and all the pics are on my phone, so the computer wouldnt do it justice... next time :]
ScooterMonkey

Post by ScooterMonkey »

vitaminC wrote:Sounds like a great trip! How do you find the seat for those longer trips? After about 45 minutes, I am ready for a standing break.

Now, where are the pictures?? :P
I purchased one of these http://www.buttbuffer.com for my GF to use on her scoot. They're not cheap, but she has chronic back pain from an old racing injury(she used to be a pro go-kart racer 8) ), & the vibrations of the road cause her some pain. It seems to be working for her.
I've tried it, & it feels good. Vibrations, especially the really jarring ones from hitting potholes, road construcion, etc. were greatly minimized. I could still feel that I'd gone over uneven pavement, but the "edge" was taken off. I've also experienced some mid/lower back discomfort on long rides that would have me changing positions often, but when I rode w/ this I felt great throughout the entire ride.
I bought one for myself, & am waiting impatiently for it to arrive.
Attachments
They come in different colors &amp;amp; patterns. I got my GF the Black one w/ the Maltese cross design...looks good
They come in different colors &amp; patterns. I got my GF the Black one w/ the Maltese cross design...looks good
Red-Honda-Closeup.jpg (25.44 KiB) Viewed 443 times