More Rattler 110 Questions and Hi!

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

brandon75173

More Rattler 110 Questions and Hi!

Post by brandon75173 »

Just bought a Rattler 110 last week and already throwing everything at it I can. Adapted a K&N cone filter to the carb and been playing with the jetting today. Stock (85) was way off on the main. Put in the 95 and then 100, think it can still handle more up top. Pilot needs to be upped as well, but they didnt have any. I am going to order several options tomorrow. Got the 2k rpm clutch spring, but really want a variator. I saw someone said they ordered a Malossi for the it, but I have looked everywhere and cant find jack. I know Dr. Pulley has the clutch, but looking for some more MPH. The prima pipe should be here before weeks end. Can you guys provide me with any direct ability to order an upgraded carb, jets, variator online?

Little about me.......I have a background in the LS1 performance community and am a moderator on LS1tech.com. I own a commercial metal fabrication business and also fabricate sheetmetal intakes, turbo kits, and high end exotic exhausts on the side. Currently have a 1999 Camaro Z28 with 480whp, a Durmax with 600hp, and two CR250s. I am not a stranger to adapting performance stuff and am looking at options for reed blocks right now for the rattler. Also have a good contact at one of the high end piston companies and been pestering him to make a few prototypes of forged pistons for me. I might build a GT12 based turbo kit for it. Right away, I am going to port the intake pipe, intake side of the block, exhaust side of the block and mill the slab to get around 8:1 compression.

Whats up!

Brandon
MikieTaps

Post by MikieTaps »

um... can you please get a buddy 125 and do the same things that you just mentioned... There is NOTHING for the buddies yet... I am getting the prima exhaust, upping the jet, and new sliders/rollers... but then I am out of options... unless I wanna try to "make stuff work"
goatlover

Post by goatlover »

Welcome to the board..
I got the HIT clutch from MRP, prima and the v8 pipe but I have not installed anything yet...

I wanted to install them but I am afraid I might mess something up so I am saving for a local dealer to do it.

BUT WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Welcome... How does it feel to own a small scooter with serious attitude :twisted: ?
"The All Is One..."
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Serious attitude.......well sounds like it does. But when a buddy of mine walked away from me this weekend on a POS SUNL 150cc I was pissed. We have a long way to go before I am happy.
Groovealufagus

Re: More Rattler 110 Questions and Hi!

Post by Groovealufagus »

brandon75173 wrote:Got the 2k rpm clutch spring, but really want a variator. I saw someone said they ordered a Malossi for the it, but I have looked everywhere and cant find jack.Can you guys provide me with any direct ability to order an upgraded carb, jets, variator online?
Hey now, Brandon. Welcome! I ordered the Malossi MultiVar2000 through my dealer. Here is a link to the product page in the catalog, though (you'd have to search PGO Rattler 110 2T)....

http://www.malossi.com/Catalogo/Cata_Ma ... rt=5113591

Make sure to make your way over to the yahoo group GenuineRattler, as well. Some good tech talk there.
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

Groove, many thanks friend. I knew it was out there, and my dealer has no clue anything but jets, roller, and springs exist. Could you PM me with your dealers contact info incase I cant get my guy to order it?

Thanks!

Brandon
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

BTW order all the jets today. Largest main offered is 120. I can see out growing that very quickly with even alittle engine work. Going to have to fabricate an intake pipe, port the intake side, and put on a bigger carb.

Brandon