Considering a Rattler 110, speed question

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Ray Knobs

Considering a Rattler 110, speed question

Post by Ray Knobs »

Hi...

I am thinking about getting a Rattler 110. I would like to know how it compares to a Chinese 150CC scooter as far as top end and acceleration.

I have a Tank Urban Sporty Euro 150, it can hit 55, 60 downhill. I don't care if the Rattler can hit 55, but i want to know will it get there quicker than the 150cc.

Out the door will this thing lift the front wheel and accelerate quicker than the 150 4 stroke.

Thanks
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

out of the box it wont lift the front wheel. everything i have read says it will after just a pipe.

mine does 53mph top speed and gets there pretty quick. 30mph comes before you think to look down at the speedo. its a blast and i would recommend it to anyone
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Pipe or 2000rpm contra spring will let you lift the front end. Lighter rollers might let you ride one wheel too... I wouldn't know, changed too much before trying different weights :)
EZPZ #65
Ray Knobs

Post by Ray Knobs »

Thanks for the replies

Another question,

0 to 30, which is quicker 110 2 stroke or the 150 4 stroke
MPA

Post by MPA »

Mine w/ pipe, spring, i size larger jet and 10g rollers will lift if I yank on the bars, but not just by cracking the throttle. I've seen 60 on a hill and hit 58 today on a flat. I had a car in front of me on the big hilltoday so I didn't get to try.

It'd been running like crap the last few days - just down on power and I had a buzz - turns out an exhaust nut fell off and the other was loose - was running much better today and is running much better as it breaks in - I bought mine w/ 369 miles on it and I'm now at 650 or so. I might try the 8g rollers just to see how it is and to get familiar inworking on the scoot.
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

nissanman wrote:Pipe or 2000rpm contra spring will let you lift the front end. Lighter rollers might let you ride one wheel too... I wouldn't know, changed too much before trying different weights :)
how is riding in traffic with the 2000rpm spring? i am considering it, but i am worried about slow driveability. half of my daily commute is 20-30mph around a lot of tourists that dont have a clue where they are going.

i live downtown in the oldest city in the US.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

No problems with the NCY spring in there. Just let's the engine actually wake up a bit before you start to move. 2t engines are not the best right off idle.
EZPZ #65