Anyone know about this? 155cc Bolt on kit

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PeaceFrog

Anyone know about this? 155cc Bolt on kit

Post by PeaceFrog »

Hi been lurking and looking for a Buddy... just saw this on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genuine- ... enameZWDVW
Sunil

Post by Sunil »

The seller doesn't have a lot of feedback. Id be careful. I'm not aware of a buddy kit thats reliable and actually works. Id sure be interested if someone finds one though! Remember that modifications of this type will void your warranty.
Scoot first, ask questions later.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I know such kits exist in Taiwan, where this seller is from. I'm pretty wary of installing a kit of unknown origin, though, bought off eBay where you'd have little recourse if the kit should fail at some point. You'd have given up your warranty and would have installed something made by who knows who... You'd be screwed.

But that's me. Some people are driven to seek out performance mods at any cost.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Oh, hey... This seller is someone who previously claimed they were not involved in the buying and selling of parts for these scooters. Hilarious.

So at the very least, know the seller's a little deceptive and untrustworthy to begin with.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
chancerbeans13

Post by chancerbeans13 »

If you want a 150cc, buy the 150, just a couple hundred dollars more, plus, you don't have to void your warrantee or mess with the engine at all.
PeaceFrog

Post by PeaceFrog »

I was just searching for a Buddy for sale and came across it... I wasn't planning on buying, just saw that it was available and was curious if anyone had tried it.

If I buy a used Buddy I may look into it further, because the warranty is void anyway.
rajron

Post by rajron »

I have a 125cc Buddy.
I have wanted to up my performance from day one.
My warranty is up.
But, I’m not buying that.