New Buddy, Beautiful Day & I'm Sick!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lobsterman

New Buddy, Beautiful Day & I'm Sick!

Post by lobsterman »

Got my Buddy Friday (thanks Seth!), and rode it until parental priorities took over. There are lots of great 35MPH roads near my house, with plenty of curves and hills for variety. The Buddy takes my 190lbs up even steep hills at 35 to 40 without a complaint and plenty of throttle to spare. I had a blast.

Rode it yesteday on various errands and and met a couple of Stella owners around the corner I didn't know were there (maybe 1/4 mile from my house). Got invited to Reggae Run but couldn't go. :(

Today is absolutely gorgeous here in Cincinnati, and I've got a rotten cold. The idea of sneezing inside the full face helmet doesn't do it for me, so here I am posting instead.

Man, I hope I feel better tomorrow. I need some more practice before I take my Buddy on the downtown commute.
SteMer

Post by SteMer »

Congrats on finally getting your scoot! I saw it sitting in Metro last Wed. and meant to put a note on it for you.

Are you off tomorrow? I could try to meet you for a ride later in the afternoon. I'll be working only part of the day tomorrow.
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

Unfortunately it's a regular work day for me, we'll have to do it another time.

Looks like another nice day though, enjoy your riding.
rajron

Post by rajron »

I live in a desert and it has rained more, since I got my scoot, than not rain.
Pretty soon it’s going to get cold what’s a guy goanna do?
MrNatural

Post by MrNatural »

Tell me about "cold"...... Nice right now but Wed aftnoon might be the end of the party......

Today: Oct 09 Mostly Cloudy High: 53°F Low: 37°F
Tue: Oct 10 Mostly Sunny High: 58°F Low:42°F
Wed: Oct 11 Rain / Snow Showers / Wind High: 40°F Low:27°F
Thu: Oct 12 Partly Cloudy / Wind High: 39°F Low: 30°F
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

MrNatural wrote:Tell me about "cold"...... Nice right now but Wed aftnoon might be the end of the party......

Pick up one of these and keep on scooting! :mrgreen:

Actually, having ridden in below-freezing temps before, I make every effort to ensure that I will never do that again (moving to CA really helped! :P ).
amyodis

New Buddy and raining

Post by amyodis »

I got my new black Buddy 125 Friday night and couldn't wait to try it out. We went out yesterday for a little while to the Rose Bowl parking lot, so I could practice riding Buddy. This is my first scooter and my husband wants to make sure I can ride it safely. Of course, today it is raining outside. I had wanted to drive Buddy around the neighborhood. I am so glad we bought this scooter. We have a 74 Vespa Rally 200, but it is too much for me to drive. I plan on posting a picture as soon as it is sunny again.
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

vitaminC wrote:
MrNatural wrote:Tell me about "cold"...... Nice right now but Wed aftnoon might be the end of the party......

Pick up one of these and keep on scooting! :mrgreen:

Actually, having ridden in below-freezing temps before, I make every effort to ensure that I will never do that again (moving to CA really helped! :P ).
A "Stud Insertion Tool" :?:
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
tomstaggs

Post by tomstaggs »

Where does one insert the studs so one is warm enough to keep riding in cold weather??? :wink:
Keys

Post by Keys »

Aw, heck. Good lined leather jacket, full-face helmet, neck protection and good gloves. Just ride. Although I live in Arizona now (low temps here in Cottonwood don't go much below 15 degrees), I grew up in Colorado and lived there until 6 years ago. Rode all year! Care, concentration and enthusiasm prevail every time...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
rajron

I want summer

Post by rajron »

I know I’m a wimp when it comes to cold, right now I’m struggling or I’m hoping it warms up before I have to trek across town – its 42° F out there! Important parts could fall off!! – and its just going to get colder and colder as the days go by before it warms up at this time of the year - what happened to summer?
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

I was out yesterday morning in 35F. I rode around for about 30 minutes.

I wore my textile armored jacket with liner, and a t-shirt and sweatshirt layered underneath. Warm gloves, full face helmet and a Turtle Fur neck thingy and I was fine.

I will need more than just jeans for the lower half though if I am going to ride more than 20 minutes. :)
vitaminC

Post by vitaminC »

tomstaggs wrote:Where does one insert the studs so one is warm enough to keep riding in cold weather??? :wink:

The effort of putting those studs in will keep you quite warm! :P

Plus, you'll then be able to ride with a bit more confidence on snow and ice- at least until you achieve hypothermia :wink: