Got my short windshield

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

basilhayden

Got my short windshield

Post by basilhayden »

from scooterworks today and boy am I disappointed. I haven't talked to them yet, so I will reserve judgement and pass along what happens. But, what I got is smaller and mounts in a different place than what is pictured on the genuine and scooterworks site. What they sent me is 7.5 inches tall by 7 inches wide. It is smoke colored though. I already don't like the looks of the 20% return charge, but we will see.
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

It was $30 right? Worst case scenario is you lose $30 :x Or $24 less S&H. I lost my shirt on my HID setup I returned... $50 lost and S&H
EZPZ #65
basilhayden

Post by basilhayden »

true, not much lost. But, I also wouldn't order something that I don't want in the first place. If it were the same shield that is in the picture, and I didn't like it, then I would gladly eat the return fee. And while we are at it, does anyone know where I can get a shield like the one shown on the genuine site?
Evans Performance

Post by Evans Performance »

post a pic of it. if they give you too much hassle returning it, i might just buy it from you. i want a small one and not as big as all of the pics i have seen
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

PUIG makes a universal screen that looks like a good fit for the Rattler... but it's like $100 :shock: It's their 991 Sport Scooter model http://www.cbxmanmotorcycles.com/Puig-9 ... hield.aspx It's on my list of possibles :roll:
EZPZ #65
basilhayden

Update

Post by basilhayden »

Well, I decided to keep the windshield and try it out for awhile. It fits together just a little bit crooked and as I've said, its pretty small. I can however feel a difference in the amount of wind hitting my chest. I get a little more wind noise inside of my helmet b/c the wind is being deflected toward my head. Overall, it does what it is intended to do and that is deflect the wind upward and make me a little more aerodynamic. I guess for 30 bucks it is worth it. I will however take a serious look at the windshield that nissanman linked and consider getting it for christmas or something.
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

So what exactly is differant from the pic of the windfairing posted on scooterworks? Do you have any pics? I thought the smoked one from Scooterworks looked complimenting.
"Hey Little Buddy" - Jonas Grumby
basilhayden

Post by basilhayden »

the windshield that I received is 7.5" tall and 7" wide. It also mounts in a different place than the one on the website.
voodoosix

Post by voodoosix »

post pics of that bad boy!

'08 Tomos Nitro
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

I want pics as well. Interested in a low-pro shield myself.