Service Manual

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

spinbud

Service Manual

Post by spinbud »

It there a 2007 Buddy Service Manual available. I found an '04 in the Tech section here but there are differences. Thx
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Genuine is working on updating their manuals, and we're working to get all of the updated ones once they're available.

I'm not sure there is a newer service manual available—if the one we have is for '04, Genuine distributed it in '06, the first Buddy model year! If you have a Buddy 125, the differences will be very minor. The Buddy 150s have a few differences.

Is there a specific thing you're looking for in the manual that's different?
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
spinbud

service manual

Post by spinbud »

Thanks, maybe I scanned it to fast. Thought quite a few differences, the air intake, front fork, gas tank...Will check in more detail. I'm a new onwer who wishes to get it right the first time. Everything I've got lasts years because maintenance is almost a religion.
ericalm
Site Admin

Re: service manual

Post by ericalm »

spinbud wrote:Thanks, maybe I scanned it to fast. Thought quite a few differences, the air intake, front fork, gas tank...Will check in more detail. I'm a new onwer who wishes to get it right the first time. Everything I've got lasts years because maintenance is almost a religion.
Well... that manual isn't the best, I'll say that much. Many of the photos won't match what you have and you'll have to do a little bit of figuring it out on your own. But the basics are pretty much there.

Unfortunately, there's no Haynes or Chiltons for this scoot.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…