new roughhouse 50 in the house... rough ride

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rondon600

new roughhouse 50 in the house... rough ride

Post by rondon600 »

just got a roughhouse 50 green. 66 miles so far and loving it. cant wait to get 200 behind me and de restrict this bad boy. Is the suspension just stiff on these at first or do they need a little adjusting? We have many traffic calming devices (humps not bumps thank god) that are killing my ride. Anyone else experience the same?
Hugo

Re: new roughhouse 50 in the house... rough ride

Post by Hugo »

rondon600 wrote:just got a roughhouse 50 green. 66 miles so far and loving it. cant wait to get 200 behind me and de restrict this bad boy. Is the suspension just stiff on these at first or do they need a little adjusting? We have many traffic calming devices (humps not bumps thank god) that are killing my ride. Anyone else experience the same?
I don't know about the Roughhouse, but the Rattler's rear shock is adjustable.
I consider the Rattler's stiff ride to be a sign of good suspension. My Ruckus rear shock is like a trampoline every time I hit the slightest bump (very flimsy).
"The All Is One..."
Mrs.Spaceman

Post by Mrs.Spaceman »

I love the stiff suspension most of the time, enough that I haven't bothered to find out if it's adjustable. I do think it's "loosened up" a bit over the 350 miles or so I've ridden it. I tend to scoot back on the seat farther if I see a big bump coming up to put more weight on the rear shock and take some off the front, which helps quite a bit.

As for de-restricting... it will seem like a different machine when you get it done. If you think it's mean now, just wait! Be careful - I almost rear-ended someone at a stoplight because I didn't expect it to accelerate so quickly! :twisted: