Photo help, please.

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

OKBubbles

Photo help, please.

Post by OKBubbles »

So I'm trying to post my scavenger hunt photo. I've loaded everything to Flickr, but when I try to grab the pic, there's no gif, jpg, etc! When I try to put it in the [ img ], all I get in the post is the http: and a bunch of letters/numbers. NO image! I looked at the edit function for the post I made last week for the poker pic, and there was a correct tag. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks for figuring this out for me.
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

Make sure you get the direct URL for the image. Usually the direct URL should end with the image name and file type such as "blahblahblah.jpeg"

Depending on what browser you are using, you can right click the image with your mouse, click on properties, and under address/location, highlight this and right click>copy, then paste into the IMG tags. Just make sure it ends with the image file type for it to be the right URL.

For example, the modern buddy logo on the top left of my screen, I got the URL to be

images/logo.gif

And posted in IMG tags it looks like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.modernbuddy.com/forum/images/logo.gif[/img]
And actually posted, it looks like this

Orange Guy

Post by Orange Guy »

I'm pretty sure that Flickr images add a bunch of gibberish after the ".jpg"

Just delete anything after the .jpg and put the rest between img tags.
OKBubbles

Post by OKBubbles »

jfrost -- you are the man! Just clicking on the photo didn't give me the flickr and jpg stuff, and only half of the ultimate numbers that I needed. I've made notes so I don't have to ask this again next week.

Thanks!
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

OKBubbles wrote:jfrost -- you are the man! Just clicking on the photo didn't give me the flickr and jpg stuff, and only half of the ultimate numbers that I needed. I've made notes so I don't have to ask this again next week.

Thanks!
Actually, if you use firefox 2.0 (which I recommend if you use windowsxp/vista)

You can right click the picture and just click "Copy image location" it copies the direct URL of the picture and all you do is paste it into IMG tags.