Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tulsa Riders - June 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Rallies, Events, Meetups Previous topic :: Next topic  
OKBubbles

2008 Baby blue Buddy 125 "Bubbles" (RIP), 2008 Hyacinth Blue Buddy 125 "Dorothy"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Tulsa Riders - June 19 Reply with quote

No, it's not an official Juneteenth event Smile , but --

The Tulsa World will be covering the Tulsa Scooters Thursday Ride this week for an upcoming article. So, tell your scooter riding friends, and y'all come! You don't have to have purchased your scoot at TS, just come for a fun excuse to ride with other folks.

6:00 pm, Thursday, June 19
Meet at Tulsa Scooters, 15th & Florence
Ride to dinner (on your own $$)

Be there, or be square!
sailortot

pink buddy 125, scavenger hunt winner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info. unfortunately i cant make it on thursdays as of now.
potamus

Buddy Italia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Thursday ride Reply with quote

I will be there if my direct deposit is on time! Smile
alienmeatsack

Genuine Stella 2008

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning on being there, assuming it doesn't rain.
OKBubbles

2008 Baby blue Buddy 125 "Bubbles" (RIP), 2008 Hyacinth Blue Buddy 125 "Dorothy"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienmeatsack wrote:
I'm planning on being there, assuming it doesn't rain.

Rain? We don't mind no stinkin' rain!
robtaylor

buddy 125

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first ride i've been on where someone was pulled over on the ride. a guy came from out of nowhere on a little honda 100 dirt bike from the 70's or 80's and started riding with us. he looked like trouble as he appeared to me to be drunk. he rode with us for most of the ride not really paying much attention to his group riding skills. then when we hit some construction, right in front of a sherriff car he went off into the gravel doing some jumps in the construction zone. immediately the cop flashed his lights and pulled the guy over, i was glad when the group didn't really notice and rode on.

www.cannonballbuddy.com

Last edited by robtaylor on Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
OKBubbles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was up toward the front of the group and, frankly, this guy scared the wadding out of me! He was zipping from front to back of the group, crowding into the stagger, riding while looking back over his shoulder, etc. As we approached the construction zone he was riding the cones like a slalom course. What a jerk. I had already passed the sheriff when he pulled his final stunt, so didn't know exactly what had hapened until we stopped for dinner.

He's exactly the kind of rider who ruins it for everybody else -- and could end up hurting others with his actions.

Other that this twit, the ride was a blast, and I'm looking forward to going again next week.
alienmeatsack

Genuine Stella 2008

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about the guy elsewhere. It's people like that who give the rest of us a bad name. It's hard enough as it is to keep in group formation and deal with traffic and such without someone crazy tagging along.

But, it was a great ride, great food and company!

On a related but unrelated note, I noticed the article about Rob came out this (few days ago) Sunday and I guess our article will be out next (this coming) Sunday.

I have the article on Rob scanned, but here is the link to it on Tulsa World's site:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyle/article.aspx?articleID=20080622_38_D3_Hcoigu997233

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » Rallies, Events, Meetups Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT

Jump to: