Variation in performance on the 110 Why?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rattler350

Variation in performance on the 110 Why?

Post by rattler350 »

1st of all thanks guys on feedback on my other post.

I have another question...
My acceleration performance from dead stops varies. My 1st few take off's are very responsive and quite fast. After I ride for a while, my take off's lag and it takes longer to reach high RPM's, its not as responsive. Why is this? is it part of breaking period? Do I have to mess with the mixture screw? Where is the mixture screw?

Thanks again..... :?: :)
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Do you let it warm up a little before riding? I find the performance is different depending on how much the auto choke is working. If the takeoff is different after warming up... that requires more thought :nerd:
EZPZ #65
rattler350

Post by rattler350 »

Yes, I let it warm up about 3 min. But even when warm if I stop at a gas station for 5 minutes, it will have the same effect. Its weird.

any other input here?, perhaps from a tech?
BGK

Post by BGK »

As the CVT gets hot there are performance losses. The extra pull on take off is probably from varying clutch performance when hot versus cold. It could be the springs being more pliant or the pads slipping less when hot and engaging early or slipping more when hot and not grabbing for a bit. I'm not sure which on the pads, but the overall effect is probably a combo of the springs and pads opperating differently at different temps. But I do know the clutch bell will get sizzling hot even under normal riding conditions. There are several kinds of aftermarket bells for 50cc scoots. I don't know the diameter clutch and shaft diameter on the rattler or if it matches to any other aftermarket items. Also, I'm not entirely convinced they make a difference. I've run one before but I didn't do a strict comparison.
rattler350

Post by rattler350 »

Cool, that makes me feel better. I will be getting lighter weights and a better variator spring. Maybe this will compensate..
Thanks a lot for everyone's input.
vespatech

Post by vespatech »

if youre gonna get a stiffer comp spring your gonna like the way heavier weights feel. both lighter weights and stiffer springs keep your bike in a lower gear, both and your gonna lose some power and top end and also running the crap out of your motor
rattler350

Post by rattler350 »

COOL, SO IF I PUT A 2000 SPRING, WHAT WEIGHT DO I NEED?
nissanman

Post by nissanman »

Weights are all trial and error to see what you like. A little more off the line, stronger cruising or easier top speed. Your riding style will dictate what weights you really need and want.
EZPZ #65
vespatech

Post by vespatech »

i forgot to mention the rider weight comes into account also