Anybody know if they will fit?

Tire (front • rear) 120/70-12 • 130/70-12
Attachments
large3[1].jpg
large3[1].jpg (73.19 KiB) Viewed 786 times
BGK

Re: PMX Naked 12" Wheel on a Black Cat?

Post by BGK »

BlackCat50 wrote:Anybody know if they will fit?

Tire (front • rear) 120/70-12 • 130/70-12
Total diameter of the wheels (same profile width) are very close between high profile tires on 10 inch rims and 12 inch rims with low profile tires. So if you switch you won't be gaining any rolling diameter (maybe even losing a bit). You only gain the look of larger rims and low profile tires. There are more options for sport tread on 12 inch wheels, but there are 2 great options for the 10 inch rims in the Michelin Bopper and a Pirelli sport tread (I can't recall the model number). Also, there aren't any good options for a more rugged tread on 12" rims if you ever wanted to go back. The only reason I'd ever prefer 12 inch rims over 10 inch rims would be if I had my heard dead set on Continental Zippy 1s or some true race slicks (no tread at all).

Whether the axles or brake mounts are a direct match is another story. I suppose a larger brake disc may be possible on 12 inch rims. But I'd imagine a negligible end effect.
BlackCat50

Post by BlackCat50 »

Total diameter of the wheels (same profile width) are very close between high profile tires on 10 inch rims and 12 inch rims with low profile tires. So if you switch you won't be gaining any rolling diameter (maybe even losing a bit).

Know of any good options to increase the rolling diameter of 10" setup?
BGK

Post by BGK »

BlackCat50 wrote: Know of any good options to increase the rolling diameter of 10" setup?
Nope.