Speed of a 110.

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gottascoot

Speed of a 110.

Post by gottascoot »

Is it going to an issue keeping up with traffic on a rattler 110, in a 45mph zone? Especially when everyone really goes about 50-55mph?

I just had someone offer me a Vespa GT200 for 2,500.00! No front fender.. but looking online I can get a new chrome one for under 100.00.

Thats 400.00 less then what i'll be paying for mr. rattler.

What do you all think?

Gottascoot!

-Jay
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

To be honest there are several people on here that are shooting for more mph out of the rattler. Right out of the box, expect 45mph to be a comfortable cruising speed, after a couple hundred miles of break in. Realistically 50mph (56 indicated) is ok for a couple minutes at a time, but not good to run longer than that. If it were me, and for your use, I would probably get the vespa.
rattler350

Post by rattler350 »

YEAH GET A 4 STROKE. THE RATTLER (I HAVE) ITS STRICKLY FOR FUN. TURNING FAST, WHEELIES, STOPPIES. MY WIFE'S BUDDY 125 BLOWS ME AWAY ON FLAT GROUND. CHANGING THE CLUTCH AND WEIGHTS WILL GET YOU TO THE 60MPH MARK ON THE RATTLER.
gottascoot

Post by gottascoot »

Well, what a bubble burst!
Looks like I need to call and let the dealer know that I will not be taking the rattler 110. :cry:

I NEED A SCOOTER NOW.

My limit out the door is just over 3,000 what should I get? And, where should I get it?
brandon75173

Post by brandon75173 »

I thought you had a line on a vespa 200? That sounds like it would be right up your alley. Those things cruise at 55+
gottascoot

Post by gottascoot »

i do, but am now rethinking that one due to insurance... wont it be more to insure a 200cc Vespa rather than a 110cc genuine?
KABanshee

Post by KABanshee »

Insurance really shouldn't change. Hell I'm paying less then 180 bucks a year for my Rattler. Couldn't make a noticeable difference I'd think.
"Hey Little Buddy" - Jonas Grumby
barndwellers_md

Post by barndwellers_md »

How many miles of 45mph zone are you talking about?

Guess I'd be the odd man out here, but on my days of the 80 to 90 mile treks I'll be on a 50mph zone for 24 miles (single lane) and don't have anyone pass me nor does traffic get backed up behind me much at all.

I took the scoot out on Interstate 70 (runs from East Coast to the West Coast) for a couple miles in both directions so I didn't have to go out-of-the-way tha much...course it was a 55 mph zone (usually 65) and I was in the slow lane, but kept up with the cars in front of me.

A little bit of aftermarket parts and tuning will turn the bike into a very useable tool on a 45mph zone without overtaxing the motor in most cases, imo.
gottascoot

Post by gottascoot »

Well, the 45mph road that I travel daily to work is abouta 6 mile stretch.. but the drivers here are all agressivie Chicago drivers that have moved to the burbs. So, really.. that 45 turns into 50-55mph.

I only weigh 150 All I need is to be able to cruise at a real 50mph.

I am not really educated on "tuning" I don't know how to modify anything that would get me more speed...
barndwellers_md

Post by barndwellers_md »

I've driven around and through chicago many a times - I'd never ride my 110 around there for sure!