Girlfriend laid it over on day four

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

axiom007

Girlfriend laid it over on day four

Post by axiom007 »

Officially, with mile 78.1, on the fourth day of ownership, my buddy took a tumble. Nice bent wheel and lots of cosmetic damage. She is ok. I told that I wasn't comfortable with her taking it to the streets yet. We had practiced a lot in the parking lot at my work, but she still wasn't totally comfortable with the whole leaning and turing thing. I insisted that she take the car on the five minute ride to to market. But she can be rather hard headed, and rather than getting into an argument about it, I said fine. Well, the rest is history. Any suggestions on getting a new wheel and replacing the panels. I guess I will have to wait to satisfy my riding needs.
Attachments
Crystal%20shocked.jpg
Crystal%20shocked.jpg (30.05 KiB) Viewed 1908 times
If you are gonna do it, make darn sure the juice is worth the squeeze.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

Glad that she's okay!!

Sorry to hear about the Buddy, though.

(Your girlfriend sounds a lot like my fiance...) :lol:
Huh? What just happened?
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

She isn't seriously hurt, I hope. I know when I fell from mine it shook me up,to say the least. Had some minor damage, cracked headlight casing,boken brake lever and a few scrapes to the side panels. Used the opportunity to do some panel color changes. My "spill" happened right in front of my dealers shop, so I was able to just leave "Tink" with them and they ordered the parts that I need for me.

Maybe your sweetie should invest in the MSF course.
"Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life"
axiom007

How long did it take?

Post by axiom007 »

How long did it take for Pam & Steve to get the parts in?
hermitgirl

Post by hermitgirl »

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. It's so frustrating, I know. I had a (minor) accident with mine a week ago, and snapped the brake lever. It's amazing how fast the bike goes from "zoomable" to "cannot use"- truly in the blink of an eye!

Hoping your girl isn't scooter-spooked now, and that you're both back riding it soon!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Glad your GF is okay. Sorry to hear about the Buddy.

You're best off having it hauled to your dealer. If the wheel is bent, the fork and frame should be examined, too.

Buddys are the easiest to ride scooters. This also makes them the easiest to crash.
dahuffy

Re: How long did it take?

Post by dahuffy »

axiom007 wrote:How long did it take for Pam & Steve to get the parts in?
Lets see...had the accident Aug. 5th, asked to replace the interior parts about Aug. 8th. Went on Disney Cruise Sept. 2 and most of the parts came in during the 2 weeks that I was gone. Since this was the first time that she had ordered any replacement pieces(interior plastic panels) she wasn't really sure what to order. Still waiting on the large pieces that are directly under the seat,and also the chrome Headlight Cover.

Also, I had my husband Kevin put all the pieces on himself. But then, I didn't have a wheel that needed replacing either.
FlyingGary

Post by FlyingGary »

axiom, is she still your girlfriend? :-) at least you've got some bonus points stored up for the next time you two have a difference of opinion. good luck with the repairs.
axiom007

Post by axiom007 »

Took the buddy apart last night to totally assess the damage. What was thought to be a simple new wheel and new panels actually turns out to be, New wheel, new panels,...new frame. Yep, she managed to bend the frame. Forks and column are fine. I will keep you posted.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

axiom007 wrote:Took the buddy apart last night to totally assess the damage. What was thought to be a simple new wheel and new panels actually turns out to be, New wheel, new panels,...new frame. Yep, she managed to bend the frame. Forks and column are fine. I will keep you posted.
How's your insurance? Bent frame usually means totalled Buddy, right? It did with my crashed Bud. :(
axiom007

Post by axiom007 »

ericalm wrote:
axiom007 wrote:Took the buddy apart last night to totally assess the damage. What was thought to be a simple new wheel and new panels actually turns out to be, New wheel, new panels,...new frame. Yep, she managed to bend the frame. Forks and column are fine. I will keep you posted.
How's your insurance? Bent frame usually means totalled Buddy, right? It did with my crashed Bud. :(
Full coverage, low deductable. I am letting her do the footwark. :wink:
dahuffy

Post by dahuffy »

My goodness, what exactly did she hit to have bent the frame?